Booking Plane Tickets In Ireland For Collection In Thailand

irlguy1

Hi guys and girls.

I need to sort my fiance tickets from her village to Bangkok and was wondering how best to do it. If I book and pay online with air Asia can she just show up at the airport with id or is there more to it.

Need an answer urgently please.

Edited by irlguy1

Why not send her the money and she can pay at the nearest 7/11, just book and send her the payment slip.

added

SInce it is all done via the net maybe you just need to book it and give her the confirmation number, which she gives to the check in staff.

Edited by beano2274

If the ticket is not in the same name as the credit card, you "might" run into hassles. The thing with buying online is they will verify some info such as address but they don't verify the name on the card. So, if she is going to be there without you (credit card holder), just make the online purchase in her name with all your billing info.

If you are uncomfortable with the above (you shouldn't be), then make sure you girlfriend has a copy of the front and back of your card and your ID along with a signed letter saying you purchased the ticket for her.

Some airlines will not even blink an eye at somebody else booking a ticket for you but some (especially Asian ones) will give you lots of grief.

If the ticket is not in the same name as the credit card, you "might" run into hassles. The thing with buying online is they will verify some info such as address but they don't verify the name on the card. So, if she is going to be there without you (credit card holder), just make the online purchase in her name with all your billing info.

If you are uncomfortable with the above (you shouldn't be), then make sure you girlfriend has a copy of the front and back of your card and your ID along with a signed letter saying you purchased the ticket for her.

Some airlines will not even blink an eye at somebody else booking a ticket for you but some (especially Asian ones) will give you lots of grief.

Ok cool you think that will be good enough to do the booking in her name?

Ok cool you think that will be good enough to do the booking in her name?

Yea. If they have some new credit card verifying software that now checks names, not just billing address and the security code on the back of the card, then the charge will not go through (but it will). Once it goes through then you are home free as it will look like the person who is flying is the same person who is buying.

Edited by Nisa

I have had same problem.

Air Asia generally require credit card at check in if ticket not in card owners name.

Easiest way is to go to Western Union and send cash to your girl.

She can collect and buy her own ticket.

She lives up north in a small village :( this is not going to plan.

I havent found anything on the airasia website about 3rd party credit card payments. The best bet is to ask airasia directly what they need to accept this.

i know that china airlines wants a signed copy of the CC send to their office, others just want a signed copy of the CC showed at check in.

so if you cant find the information, i would book the ticket and ems your GF a signed copy of the CC stating for use at airasia checkin only.

but like i say, contact airasia and ask them.

btw, i have flown with some airlines, but only emirates so far asked me to present the CC i bought the ticket with (and yes, it was my own).

Thanks for the info mate. Yea I couldn't see a thing on there website either so I guess your suggestion to call or email them may be the way to go.

Can just picture her showing up with our daughter at the airport to be told go home :(

I never had to do a trip like this previously I just went to the village but as I fly to Bangkok on route to Chiang Rai and we have to be in Bangkok it makes more sense that they meet me there. Funny how the little things are the hardest work.

A kind offer from a forum member just gave me a lightbulb moment.

Can't I buy it online and email it to her and she can go to the Internet shop and print it out or will she still need cc at the airport? Does anyone know if air Asia just take a printed confirmation at check in or if it's show cc to collect at departure ?

Thanks again

I believe when you go to buy the ticket through AirAsia that you will see the fine print that says you must present the card at the airport if the name on the card is not the same as on the ticket. Chances are you cannot print a boarding pass for an international flight.

You will not have problems for anybody traveling in the group as long as one of the people in the groups name matches that on the credit card. You may not have any problems at all regardless but if you just put the girlfriends name in as the billing name on the card, you are not going to have problems.

I believe you can pay with credit card with no problem, provided she flies after the money has been recieved by airasia. if on short term you will need to be there to show the credit card so it is not possible. (Check with airasia by email).

Airasia doesn't issue paper tickets, just electronic ones for which you can print out the confirmation number.

comment about 7/11 refers to that you can pay many of your bills (including Air Asia) there, same as at the bank and the post office.

You can book it for her, send her the slip and somehow transfer the money to her, she can go to 7/11 and pay, am sure they can also do it by sending an SMS to her phone and she goes to 7/11 with the SMS they then enter the number on the SMS, and print out a receipt this can be used when checking in at the airport, this way her name appears on everything and no worries about credit card and payer being present.

I believe you can pay with credit card with no problem, provided she flies after the money has been recieved by airasia. if on short term you will need to be there to show the credit card so it is not possible. (Check with airasia by email).

Airasia doesn't issue paper tickets, just electronic ones for which you can print out the confirmation number.

comment about 7/11 refers to that you can pay many of your bills (including Air Asia) there, same as at the bank and the post office.

just in addition, the CC requested at check in is only needed due to prevent credit card fraud. i think the time for making a fraud claim is 30 days ? so if your GF flies some time after this i believe airasia does not bother to see the CC. if she flies only a handful of days after booking, airasia might ask.

if its on short term i would try to copy your CC, make a note on the paper that you as the owner of the CC are fine with the use for booking this flight. scan it and sent it to her via email so she can print it out. you can mark the inner 8 number black for security as for confirmation only the first and most importantly the last block of the number is needed. also suggest to her GF that the agent could call you to confirm you have the CC at hand.

just in addition, the CC requested at check in is only needed due to prevent credit card fraud. i think the time for making a fraud claim is 30 days ? so if your GF flies some time after this i believe airasia does not bother to see the CC. if she flies only a handful of days after booking, airasia might ask.

if its on short term i would try to copy your CC, make a note on the paper that you as the owner of the CC are fine with the use for booking this flight. scan it and sent it to her via email so she can print it out. you can mark the inner 8 number black for security as for confirmation only the first and most importantly the last block of the number is needed. also suggest to her GF that the agent could call you to confirm you have the CC at hand.

I had to deal with this issue some time ago (an unpleasant experience with Nok Air after an ATM swalled my credit card - I won because at that time the airline had no reference to the credit card "rule" on their website, so I was able to call their bluff). As far as I know, the other major airlines (Thai, Bangkok Airways, ...) all require you to either verify the card in advance at their city office (a real pain in the *), or to front up with the card at check-in. This left Air Asia - I contacted them through their website, and got the answer (from memory) that they don't care all that much. I always buy Air Asia tickets well in advance, so the period for cc fraud has normally passed. My experience has been over the last two years, the most recent was when I bought a ticket for a third party who flew last month without a problem. If you want to be sure, do as I did, and contact Air Asia direct.

I had to deal with this issue some time ago (an unpleasant experience with Nok Air after an ATM swalled my credit card - I won because at that time the airline had no reference to the credit card "rule" on their website, so I was able to call their bluff). As far as I know, the other major airlines (Thai, Bangkok Airways, ...) all require you to either verify the card in advance at their city office (a real pain in the *), or to front up with the card at check-in. This left Air Asia - I contacted them through their website, and got the answer (from memory) that they don't care all that much. I always buy Air Asia tickets well in advance, so the period for cc fraud has normally passed. My experience has been over the last two years, the most recent was when I bought a ticket for a third party who flew last month without a problem. If you want to be sure, do as I did, and contact Air Asia direct.

Email sent yesterday still no response :(

you can book with air asia, you'll need her full name (correct spelling essential) and Thai ID card number to make the booking - all she then needs is a copy of the booking ref number, done it for my wife lots of times when she goes back home for a visit, no need for the credit card to be shown with air asia

you can book with air asia, you'll need her full name (correct spelling essential) and Thai ID card number to make the booking - all she then needs is a copy of the booking ref number, done it for my wife lots of times when she goes back home for a visit, no need for the credit card to be shown with air asia

I have her passport details so I can use that. So do I just fill in myself as card holder and her as passenger and all should be ok?

I have had same problem.

Air Asia generally require credit card at check in if ticket not in card owners name.

Easiest way is to go to Western Union and send cash to your girl.

She can collect and buy her own ticket.

She lives up north in a small village sad.png this is not going to plan.

Thai Post-offices do Western Union, I believe, so perhaps her small village has a post-office, or is not too far from one ?

Good Luck !

I have booked tickets for my TG on Air Asia. All you need is her name and date of birth as it appears on her passport and her passport number and where it was issued. Input all the information as if she was buying the ticket. When you get to the payment section, enter your credit card # and the name and address where the credit card is billed. Once paid email her a copy of her confirmed ticket and she can go to the local internet shop and pick up her copy.

24 hours before her flight she can go back to the internet shop and print her boarding pass ( Air Asia charges to print a boarding pass at the airport )

It works like a charm.

Good luck