Europeans Feeling The Pinch

PattayaPhom

Why waste energy reminiscing about the "good" old days. I'm sure we can all remember when everything was cheaper no matter where in the world you come from.

If you think the Euro ad Pound are doing it tough spare a thought for us Aussies. We've been floating around the 30bht to the dollar exchange rate for years.

We're still here, still spending and still having fun.

Guess what, prices will continue to increase, as will standards of living for Thais. If it's price that determines your destination of choice. Try Cambodia or perhaps Vietnam.

Me, I love Thailand and am happy to pay more. Regardless of the exchange rate. Just wish they'd change visa and ownership laws.

Hmmm. Not everything is more expensive now. I saw a notebook computer for 9,000 baht yesterday- now that's CHEAP! Cars in western countries are getting cheaper. There's plenty of other examples. Houses are more expensive, but that's for stupid reasons eg the bubble, and when it breaks properly, houses will regain their proper price..

The debt ceiling in most Euro countries has been lifted as has the uSA , this allows more borrowing power & a way to print more currency.

More currency in circulation means less buying power as it becomes devalued.

Aussie Dollar has been stronger than the USD for a couple of years but if China slows down so will Aussie because their export of natural assets ie Iron Ore , Coal ,Gold , etc is linked to China predominantly.

'Bail Out' just means more debt to cover bad management. Another reason the Currency gets devalued.

Seems to be a never ending circle

coffee1.gif

The debt ceiling in most Euro countries has been lifted as has the uSA , this allows more borrowing power & a way to print more currency.

Aussie Dollar has been stronger than the USD for a couple of years but if China slows down so will Aussie because their export of natural assets ie Iron Ore , Coal ,Gold , etc is linked to China predominantly.

'Bail Out' just means more debt to cover bad management. Another reason the Currency gets devalued.

coffee1.gif

a circle implies restoration at some point or an ability to pay back at least

some of the debt.

But the elephant in the room is that jobs will never come back.

what work is there for people - nothing.so how can they pay back the debts?

So it is a one way street to ruination.. not circle

coffee1.gif

a circle implies restoration at some point or an ability to pay back at least

some of the debt.

But the elephant in the room is that jobs will never come back.

what work is there for people - nothing.so how can they pay back the debts?

So it is a one way street to ruination.. not circle

You are correct, but it's something the polies will never tell you!

Actually, there is a way to get jobs back- put high tariffs on all imported goods, so that it is cheaper to make things in the country than import them, but how much chance is there of that happening? I'm not holding my breath!

Many things about "modern" life puzzle me, as they make no sense, but eg why does Australia export raw products when it could make the finished products and sell them at a higher price, plus provide full employment?

Why are all the poor people in Indonesia able to afford new motorcycles when they earn sod all?

etc

etc.