Ranong To Samui... Please Help!

Hello my fellow TVF friends,

OK so me and some friends are coming down to Samui from Hua Hin for the 500th Birthday of the Hash House Harriers on Thursday. I also have to fit a visa run in at some point. As we set to return home on Sunday, i would end up losing an extra day waiting for immigration to open Monday morning in Ranong if i decided to to my visa run on the way back.

So one option is to get the overnight bus from Hua Hin to Ranong (arrives 6am), get visa done first thing, then make my way to Samui from Ranong to meet up with my buddies in Lamai. Does anyone have any idea of bus times to Surat Thani and then information on how often the ferries are from Don Sek? Is there a reasonably priced VIP bus that does all in one (one way)?

Any ideas you guys and gals have would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

iEgK

ferry every hour till 7pm that's great thanks!

It looks like there is a mini van every hour to Surat Thani, but i would rather take the bus. Any idea how frequent the buses are between Ranong and Surat Thani? Maybe i should post in Ranong section but i didn't think there would be many TVF readers in Ranong?!?!

Why go to Surat if you can also catch a ferry to Samui from Chumphon; worth checking out.

Lompraya go from Chumphon so is worth looking at. Dont the buses to-from Surat just turn right/left at the Chumphon crossroads going to and from Ranong.

Why go to Surat if you can also catch a ferry to Samui from Chumphon; worth checking out.

Lompraya go from Chumphon so is worth looking at. Dont the buses to-from Surat just turn right/left at the Chumphon crossroads going to and from Ranong.

I agree it is a nice trip, Stops at KT & KP, .... but not from where the OP wants to come from....

"Chumphon ferry" (AKA Lomprayah Ferry, not sure if others?) , but it's a five hour trip +- to Samui... even though it's the fastest of the ferries it is the longest ride....

OK coming from BKK, Hau Hin etc. Where it cuts out sitting on a bus! wink.png

As for buses to / from Ranong, it's not one of the favoured border crossings, as most people here tend to head to Malaysia.... I think some time way back, there was a tread on the same trip ?....

Anyone I know that uses Ranong, does so by Motorbike or car..... that's why not too many people able to help on the original question....

Edited by samuijimmy