Air Asia - Was The G/F Ripped Off Or Not

curlywatt

hi folks the g/f booked flights for her family with air asia, ubon to bkk on 15th aug (one way) she asked me beforehand to check the price, i did and it was 1296.50 baht (all-in-fare) she's in phuket at the moment and went to one of the air asia desks that have in some of the malls, purchased 5 tickets as per above for her family and was charged 9,610 baht (1,922 per person) i told her she is after been ripped off and asked her if she got a receipt, no receipt she was told there was a charge if she required a receipt, any thoughts, comments or ideas appreciated

i checked it on the internet 30 mins before she booked it and the price was 1,296 baht, when she came back 15 mins after booking she told me the price was higher, i looked on the internet again and the price was still 1,296 (all-in-fare)

i checked it on the internet 30 mins before she booked it and the price was 1,296 baht, when she came back 15 mins after booking she told me the price was higher, i looked on the internet again and the price was still 1,296 (all-in-fare)

should have used a debit card and book it online

I recently bought Aeroflot tickets, before buying them I phoned the local office in Bangkok and was told if I purchased them from the office they would be a few thousand baht more expensive than if I bought them over the internet from the airlines website

You can check on-line(AA website) using the booking reference and all should be revealed.

thanks ubonoz, where do i find this option on the website ? thanks

Manage my booking at the top.

Register first if you have not already done so.

should have used a debit card and book it online

look there's no point telling me what i should have done, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle, the g/f has booked before using these air asia desks and it's always the same price as the internet plus 100 baht (i think) handling charge

• Like 1

As others have said, the fares between internet and in person can vary. Fares can vary due to demand as well and low budget airlines often have different fares depending where you book, how you book and when you book. I wouldn't say she was ripped off, just the cost of flying and paying at the airport.

Next time book online or use a travel agent.

You can check on-line(AA website) using the booking reference and all should be revealed.

i am registered but i thought this only brings up my bookings, i'll get the booking reference from g/f and try but i don't think it will work, the following is from the website when i go into manage my bookings

"Can’t find your booking? Click the button below to view other bookings made with your member email address"

i am registered but i thought this only brings up my bookings, i'll get the booking reference from g/f and try but i don't think it will work, the following is from the website when i go into manage my bookings

"Can’t find your booking? Click the button below to view other bookings made with your member email address"

You are probably correct, did she use your email address?

Did you consider that it might be you who was ripped off? I have never heard of a bigger bullshit than a charge for a receipt. Perhaps they made a party before leaving and you paid for it smile.png

Your qualifications as a marriage/relationship councillor must be in high demand !tongue.png

• Like 2

she's lying to you if she said they charge for receipts. Total BS. you know it as does everyone else.

Prices do change, maybe a discount for internet booking?

The only person that really knows is yo gf!!!!

mmmm... nope, I won't go there.....

Good luck, besides, its not a fortune so just accept it.

• Like 1

Did you consider that it might be you who was ripped off? I have never heard of a bigger bullshit than a charge for a receipt. Perhaps they made a party before leaving and you paid for it smile.png

While seemingly unlikely that they would not provide some evidence of payment for free, it is AirAsia and that they would charge for a receipt should not be discounted.

Also, OP, perhaps online you unchecked all the extra options like insurance and seat choice, whereas the AirAsia clerk helpfully suggested all these options to your GF and increased the price?

Edited by BookMan

OK, I have just done a dummy booking for one person on AA's site, and booked with all the add-ons which you would normally do for a short flight. I just cancelled once I got to the payment part.

1296.50 Air Fare & Taxes

330.00 20KG Luggage (15KG-300baht, 25KG-428baht, 30KG-660baht) - Don't know which one, if any, she paid for.

69.55 Seat Fee

100.00 Credit Card Fee(Normally charged per person when paying by credit card on-line)

1796.05 Total - This is what you would have to pay if you booked on-line with a credit card with 20KG of luggage

So, using the example above there is a 125.95baht difference, you say she paid 1922baht/person, not much for an over the counter service

fee.

The interesting part is what luggage allowance did she pay for.

It does not appear she has been ripped off, you will eventually find out when you see the itinerary.

• Like 1

^ Nice research on behalf of the OP mate! As usual, the sticker price is never what the final tab is after add-ons, fees, taxes, etc..

AirAsia do charge for the 'convenience' of an internet booking and also charge more for the 'inconvenience' of a desk booking.

I am always leery of these AirAsia desks in malls and the like as even in Bangkok, if you are having internet booking issues and can't wait, the ONLY option is to go to the airport and buy at their desk. Using mall outlets that may not be even listed in AirAsia's limited publications may end up costing even more.

Everything about Air Asia is a scam. They will try to hustle you all the time. But the flights are comfortable and easy.

Utter bunkum. Only idiots pay for extras they don't want or need.

Of course they would prefer you to purchase the extras, but if you don't want them, remove them.

Prices do change constantly with Air Asia, factor in counter service charge, add ons and the price is probably about right...If you see a good price at the payment stage...book it!!!...dont wait as it will probably go up by the time you look again