Social Security

Hello there,

I got a work permit and started to work on June 20th and the company is now about to register me on the Social Security (public healthcare).

I took a look at http://www.sso.go.th/wpr/eng/how-to-register.html and it says

A notice to register the insured with the Zone Office of Social Security must be given within 30 days with effect from the date on which the employee is engaged as an employee or otherwise it is an offense punishable by not more than 6 months imprisonment or a penalty fine of not more than 20,000 Baht or both.

30 days have already passed since I started working, so this is worrying me. I understand this fine/prison is for the employer only, isn't it?

Also, I read on some webpage that WP can be terminated because of this delay on applying for the Social Security.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Hello there,

I got a work permit and started to work on June 20th and the company is now about to register me on the Social Security (public healthcare).

I took a look at http://www.sso.go.th/wpr/eng/how-to-register.html and it says

A notice to register the insured with the Zone Office of Social Security must be given within 30 days with effect from the date on which the employee is engaged as an employee or otherwise it is an offense punishable by not more than 6 months imprisonment or a penalty fine of not more than 20,000 Baht or both.

30 days have already passed since I started working, so this is worrying me. I understand this fine/prison is for the employer only, isn't it?

Also, I read on some webpage that WP can be terminated because of this delay on applying for the Social Security.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

don't worry. When did you get your work permit? Maybe it's from that date.

I'm not on social the school says they opted out to use BUPA instead.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by thaicbr