Long Weekend Ideas?

MaciejKlimowicz

Hello,

4 days off this week. Can you share some ideas for long weekend destinations out of Bangkok?

So far I enjoyed trips to Hua Hin, Koh Si Chang, Khao Yay, Kanchanaburi, Amphawa, Pattaya and Ayutthaya. All very nice and easy escapes.Any other suggestions?

I wanted to try Koh Samet but I've read that it gets packed on long weekend and prices go sky high.

best,

Mac

ps. not sure if I'm posting in the right forum. If travel in Thailand is better than sorry!

Hi

Yes, Koh Samed over long weekend holidays gets quite busy with thai visitors escaping the rains of the city,

Your right hotel / guesthouse prices are slightly inflated over holiday weekends.

Check out this good site for accurate info: http://kohsamed.net

you'll still have a good time on the island & the weather has been great.

Best Wishes

Edited by mallorca284673

Go to Mo Chit Bus Station and take the bus up to Sukhothai. Very pretty and easy 6 hour bus ride with a stop halfway for lunch. The ruins up there are really really pretty. Alll green and quiet. Lots of ponds and water around the ruins. town is quiet. lodging is cheap. Spend a day or two there, then maybe go over to Phitsanalouk. I have not been there. I only stayed in Sukhothai.

Everywhere will be busy on a long weekend. If you haven't booked ahead at any "get-away" places, good luck finding a room. Thai's also love to get away with their 20 person families and completely pack these places.