How To Make My Scooter Faster

Plucky

I know this may seem a bit sad but I want to make my scooter faster. I've had fast bikes ala R1, GSXR1000, Mille, Blackbird, Ninja in the UK but to be honest I don't think they are quite right for what I use a bike over here for, namely meandering around town every now and again.

Anyway coming back to topic how much would it cost for things such as big bore kits, turbo chargers, nitrous and what has the most bang per buck? Also what other things should I consider?

Stupid I know but googling the subject just keeps bringing up the same old crap which doesn't help and I thought the collective knowledge on here would be greater and a fun topic to discuss and maybe learn more.

Many thanks. Over to you!

what kind of scooter? first step is to usually change the rollers and grind out the factory stops in the variator. Alot of things that can be done, increasing the stroke is popular, cdi, along with bigger valves, boring out with bigger piston and bigger carb if your bike has a carb.

Id pick up a thai mocyc magazine and just take it to a shop that does scooters. Check out Tingnote if you can find them.

Again what kind of scooter?

Go on a diet of Mama Noodles and fish balls, thereby getting your weight down to 50 kgs? tongue.png This will improve the performance of your scooter.

There is lots of stuff to improve performance, sadly not much to improve the frame dynamics of small scooters so although the scooter will do 140+kph you wouldn't really want to!

Edited by VocalNeal

Stickers.............they add at least 20 kmph. wink.png

p8130038.jpg

Oh yeah, well Sumet stickers add at least 30 kmph. It's the special nano materials we use. Seriously though, I would go with KRS1's advice and get some light weight rollers with a modified variator first.

Oh yeah, well Sumet stickers add at least 30 kmph. It's the special nano materials we use. Seriously though, I would go with KRS1's advice and get some light weight rollers with a modified variator first.

Awesome, my bike is going to be so fast!

post-30367-0-84362600-1344959308_thumb.j

• Like 1

i believe there is a 300cc big bore kit available for the elegance

Nope, only for the air cooled models IMHO, like Fino/Mio/MX with the 115 cc engine...

But a racing cam, bigger valves, bigger carb, and a modified variator will give you the extra power, you need.

Something like THIS

Edited by vel_tins

I've seen those stickers on bikes and cars a lot lately. I don't understand it, they look rubbish.

I've seen those stickers on bikes and cars a lot lately. I don't understand it, they look rubbish.

It's stickerbombing and seems to have blown up, Sadly the amount of effort I have taken with mine has put me behind the trend curve. You can simply get vinyl wraps with different themes, where I have individually cut out stickers from graffiti books and trimmed away the white. I probably have 20hrs into it and 5-10 more to go. My work is about a B, too many wrinkles on the odd shaped parts for me to call it an A.

I also think it will look fantastic accenting my Chrome Yellow Honda Chaly. 150cc of garrish power.

Well, get me them skirts Brian and I will happily display www.sumetcycle stickers along the sides of the skirts.

So does that now mean it is 20kmph + 30 kmph?

Freeekin awesome. wink.png

I picked up the skirts earlier today. You can come in tomorrow if you would like. Yes, I guarantee an extra 50kph.

The bike is a Yamaha Mio 125cc with a carb. I like the look of the big bore kits but what cc can I extend to and what costs am I looking at?

Sorry to ask so many bone questions but all Google searches throw up is info from the Philippines and in Tagalog.

Is a turbo or nos out the question? Ah yes and who could I trust to do engine work in Chiang Mai?

Or just buy my Mio 125 in a few weeks.

All modifications, mentioned above, done already.thumbsup.gif

Comes with mag wheels, new wider tires, etc.pp.

Acceleration with two people is far better, than stock Mio 125 with only one rider.

Tested max speed on the "railway road", but cancelled when I reached ~130 Km/h (on Tachometer).rolleyes.gif

I would giv it to a thai kid and tell him to make it fast!!! It would be donein a heartbeat...

Then make sure you have bicycle tires on it...

You use the scoooter in town- wha kin of fast? Handling and comfort important?

So many things to do- budget?

Throw it away andbuy an old scooter- use that to modify and test stuff out on... Ahhh- certain people on this forum claims that green will make you faster- so 20+30+15 (for the colour) + 30 (for the tires) and that should be ok...

Ohhh almost forgot... Dont forget your shades at night so you cant see anything... Good luck!

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Me around 54kg, with my regular run of the mill Fino, can overtake big bikes on downhill twisties.

So drop your weight, and find yourself some hills.

The downside is you look like a total numpty when going up them....at around 20kph ..with all the big bikes laughing right back at you...

One thing you have to remember, if you are going to up the CC and power, you are going to want to increase the stopping power, maybe elongate the wheel base, look at some wider tires and maybe even up the fuel delivery system.

Just increasing the engine size will lead to a fast but unstable bike.

Also consider what you want to use this bike for, a wild cam set up and a bore up to 300cc might need a rebuild every few thousand KM as it is more for drag racing rather than around town.

My Nice 110 can bore out to 270cc+ but I don't see the point as the cost and upkeep is not worth it, the 150cc upbored, cam, crank, clutch, and carb replacement will cost 10,000B already. I am getting done on Chiang Mai road, there's a shop there with a bunch of guys always working on bikes. The seem to specialize in monkey bikes and KSRs but I have seen a Mio or two there.

Me around 54kg, with my regular run of the mill Fino, can overtake big bikes on downhill twisties.

The downside is you look like a total numpty when going up them....at around 20kph ..with all the big bikes laughing right back at you...

Oui miss, me worrying about your foot and theres you out there racing Rossi. smile.png
  • Like 1

Oui miss, me worrying about your foot and theres you out there racing Rossi. smile.png

Battle scarred transam, but with that came only more determination: Ride better, ride safer..and, have much better gear!

Edited by eek