Tourist Visa To India

I'm heading to India in October for a 2 week holiday. I am currently living in Phuket and working on a NIB visa. I have no time to get to Bangkok for my visa so I'm using the courier service instead. Does anyone know how long this takes, what documents are required, cost and if I have to send my work permit too? Is it relatively easy for a non-Thai national to apply this way...I've only been living here for 10.5 months. I hope it doesn't take too long - I have my 90 day report coming up next month.

Why not look on the website of the Indian Embassy in Thailand, am sure they also use VFS.

This took 30 seconds to find http://www.indianembassy.in.th/tourist_visa.htm

Documents Required:

• Completed Visa Application Form
  • 2 recent colour photographs - 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm
  • Two Photocopies of passport, to include current Thai visa page
  • Reference form (Download here)

Validity & Application

• Normally issued for three months.
  • Gap of two months is mandatory between two consecutive visits for multiple entry visa. See clarifications under Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) at top right of this webpage.
  • Gap of one month is mandatory while applying for fresh visa upon expiry of previous visa.
  • Persons of Indian Origin(PIOs) may see the Advisory here.

Processing Time

• For Non-Thai nationals visa is generally issued on the 6th working day. #
    #Some individual cases may require around 6-8 weeks time for processing.

Note

The Embassy of India reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning reasons and without refund of fee.

The document list on the website is incomplete if you're not a Thai national. A further form is required and there's an additional 400 Baht (I think) charge for a background check for non-Thais applying in Bangkok. Furthermore, they expect you to use a home country address on the forms - not you Thai address, even if you've been living here for many years. (Getting this wrong may delay your application.)

AYG is wrong...... You can use your Thai address for a visa to India.....You are only applying for a tourist visa.....30days....Should be no problem.

1kate1 should perhaps check his/her facts before stating others are wrong. I applied for a tourist visa to India a few months ago. I had already filled in the forms using my Thai address. There followed a prolonged discussion with the immigration official before he would accept them with the Thai address and Thai referees. He asked whether I had an address in England I could use, suggesting a friend's address or a relative's, even though I would have had no proper connection to that address. Only when I stated that I had no living relatives in the UK and no friends there would he accept the Thai address. I then didn't have to provide the additional form and got the 400 Baht for a foreign address check that I'd already paid refunded.

Given that the OP is concerned about timescale, it would be prudent not to take the risk of using a Thai address.

I spend 5-6 months a year in India and the visa is handled as others have stated by VFS and this is the link you need:

http://www.ivac-th.com/

Never done a postal application but either way you need to do the online application first. The application takes 6 working days once you visit VFS so postal probably takes 3-4 working days longer but no first hand experience. For Thais it's 3 months maximum stay and Brits 6 months.

Where are you heading?