True Copy Of Fet Form Accepted By Land Department

To purchase condominium in Bangkok, today I transferred USD into my citibank Thailand account. The bank staff issued me the form of FET, but only handed me one copied form after the signature, and stamped "True Copy". The staff said the original one needs to be kept by bank.

Do you think the "Ture Copy" of the FET form can be accepted by Land Department?

I think the people in the bank are wrong. When I purchased my condo the Land Office retained the original Foreign Exchange Certificate and gave me back a copy. When I inquired about this with SCB they said that was the correct proceedure.

But you are dealing with Citibank and are in Bangkok so all bets are off

But maybe you can try first at the landoffice before you go and give the bank the shit.They can be right and then you make noice for nothing.better you go check first and landoffice and then get the telefon nr of the person at landoffice,go back to the bank and if they say no give them the phone with land office online and let them battle it outsmile.png

But maybe you can try first at the landoffice before you go and give the bank the shit.They can be right and then you make noice for nothing.better you go check first and landoffice and then get the telefon nr of the person at landoffice,go back to the bank and if they say no give them the phone with land office online and let them battle it outsmile.png

Thank you. I will check with my agent tomorrow first. Maybe the agent is quite experienced with this issue.