Territory For Thailand

fred007

Thought this maybe of interest from Australia

Ford Australia this week shipped 100 high-spec Territory vehicles to Thailand, marking a “small but important” export deal that it hopes will lead to further export programs.

All examples are powered by Ford’s 2.7-litre turbodiesel V6

“This is an exciting day for everyone here at Ford Australia,” said Ford Australia President and CEO Bob Graziano today. “This is a small but important deal and will provide an important base on which to potentially build further exports.

“Building on the success of the Territory in Australia and New Zealand, we expect the Territory Titanium model to do well in Thailand,” he said.

Ford said the Thai-Territory deal followed strong interest from prospective Thai customers when it displayed a seven-seat Territory Titanium TDCi at the Bangkok Motor Show in March as a toe-in-the-water exercise to gauge public interest.post-42073-0-05747900-1345209007_thumb.j

For those SUV buyers, depending on the price and specs of course, it looks to be good to get one of these babies before 'the-powers-that-be' dumb this vehicle's specs down to the typical LOS standard.

Let's stay tuned!

Wonder how they'll price this import..

Under $2 mil baht?

It's going to have to be well under two mill if they have any hope to compete with the other major players like Toyota, Mitsubishi and Isuzu.

I agree!

Look at the price-slot that the Trailblazer was inserted into the LOS SUV market: Just the right price coupled with the added features that it brings to the SUV table.

Let's see whether Mercedes follows suit when it introduces its GL and M class SKD (SUV) models.

Edited by thailoht

Ford tried to sell the older model Territory with 4L petrol in 2007 for 3M baht.

That is a lot of money for a vehicle that competes with the Captiva in Australia.

If Ford plan to try again I hope the price is more competitive.

Then again that did not stop Mazda trying with the CX9 at 3.8M baht.

Ford tried to sell the older model Territory with 4L petrol in 2007 for 3M baht.

That is a lot of money for a vehicle that competes with the Captiva in Australia.

If Ford plan to try again I hope the price is more competitive.

Then again that did not stop Mazda trying with the CX9 at 3.8M baht.

and explains why I have seen 1 CX9 on the streets in Bangkok, nice looking but similar I guess to CRV, Captiva type vehicles at double the cost?

About time Ford Australia started exporting! Important thing to remember about the Territory is it's based on the Falcon sedan so it handles and rides like a car and not a tractor like most similar vehicles here. The Falcon should also be for sale here, perhaps it's new 2l turbo is still too big for here. Again why they didn't also put the 2.7 deseal in the Falcon only god and Henry Ford would know????? I'm sure Ford Thailand could sell a number of G6E Falcons with the deseal donk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ford, Chiang Mai had one a couple of days ago. Looked very bland.

2,999,000 baht on the Ford website

$90,000 Aussie. That's bl00dy ridiculous!

The offered model is the Titanium 4WD which as the top of the range retails for about $62,000 in Australia, which of course is near enough to 2 million baht. At that price, or even a few hundred thousand more it woudn't be bad value, but 3 million is way too much.

I suspect that they are trying to take advantage of a hole in the market in which the nearest priced full size 7 seat SUV based on a car platform is the XC90, which is near enough to 4 million baht. However with a Ford badge on the front and a pretty plain interior I don't think they will attract too many punters at the current price!!

Territory did not sell well in 2007 at 3M baht and will probably be the same now. It is a pity Ford could not offer a Territory at a competitive price with the Captiva. The Territory does have more equipment and power but not worth double the money.

With the Territory uncompetitive, Ford badly need to update the very dated Escape and Everest models. Hope they can market the new versions of these at more competitive prices.