Tips For Cheap Flights Singapore To Cm

jcw

Since Air Asia stopped it's service between the two cities there are no so-called cheap flights. Silk Air is a full service full price airline that has a monopoly on direct flights and so no incentive to discount. If you fly SQ to Singapore you can get a reasonable onward price because Silk is a member of the Singapore Air group but if you use any other airline you have little chance of getting a deal as the flights are pretty well fully booked.

You could look at Scoot which is also a member of the Singapore group for deals from Singapore to Bangkok & then get either Bangkok Air or THAI to CNX, unless of course you want the cost & time wasted in schlepping all the way from SUV to Don Mueang to fly Nok, AA or Orient Thai.

Not a great series of choices unfortunately.

Brommers has it right. Silk is the only direct service at about $300. On Air Asia, you can look for a deal connecting through KL, Bangkok, or Phuket. Transit times can be tricky. Best I've found on Air Asia from Singapore is a 2pm flight that finally gets me to CNX at about 7pm local time. Silk costs about $100 more, takes half the time, and doesn't involve dealing with Bangkok airports, immigration, re-check etc. In fact, if you nee to chg, just go with Silk.

If one is traveling with little baggage, flying on Air Asia's special rate offers from Macao, with a ferry trip to get over there, means a hassle, but can involve sights and possible savings. (Do not hope to stay in Macao during the weekend, of course, due to gambling tourism - from Hong Kong!).

Ocassionally Thai Airways has promotion for SIN/CNX/SIN at about S$380 all-in...check its website promotion now on at

S$378...much cheaper than Silkair....Alternately fly budget from SIN to KUL or BKK on AA ,Tiger or Jetstar and connect BKK to CNX by AA, Nok, Orient, Bangkok Air or Thai..take note of airlines landing at Swampy or Don Mueang airport

BTW Thai Airways to CNX is via BKK.....happy landing..

Edited by chuang

Asking for cheap flights any where is like asking how long is a piece of string?

The dates can make a big difference. I just arbitrarily picked Go Sept. 14 return Sept 21 to singapore on Singapore air lines. It showed a all in price of 10,920 Baht. Maybe a different day in the week would be cheaper or more expessssssive.

I tried silk air and they no longer list Singapore as a destination from Chiang Mai. I am not that familiar with different ways so I just looked at the one. I like it because it is full service 20 kilo baggage and direct to Singapore. Maybe you can save 3,000 baht going another way but is it worth it Like ?Air Asia two flights and a ferry boat one way.

Good luck and maybe be a bit more specific with the dates. I believe we are in the high season now and the dates I picked are in the low season. Not sure.

Asking for cheap flights any where is like asking how long is a piece of string?

The dates can make a big difference. I just arbitrarily picked Go Sept. 14 return Sept 21 to singapore on Singapore air lines. It showed a all in price of 10,920 Baht. Maybe a different day in the week would be cheaper or more expessssssive.

I tried silk air and they no longer list Singapore as a destination from Chiang Mai. I am not that familiar with different ways so I just looked at the one. I like it because it is full service 20 kilo baggage and direct to Singapore. Maybe you can save 3,000 baht going another way but is it worth it Like ?Air Asia two flights and a ferry boat one way.

Good luck and maybe be a bit more specific with the dates. I believe we are in the high season now and the dates I picked are in the low season. Not sure.

11k is pretty dam_n cheap w00t.gif maybe its time to do some camera shopping w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Please ignore my comments #7 (not that we haven't, thanks) above. Hong Kong has been a travel thought for me as part of escaping March, and I substituted Singapore somehow - where/when I do not want to be.

11k is pretty dam_n cheap w00t.gif maybe its time to do some camera shopping w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Seemed like a decent price to me but then again I do not know all the different Airlines.

Also is today's price the same as in two weeks. I know some times if you book early you save money. Some times if you book late you save money.