Swedish Man Arrested For Allegedly Killing New Zealand Tourist In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm half swedish and know that murder is a rare occurrence in sweden, but drunkenness and depression are not. I am thinking he was not of sound mind and there were circumstances which we will find out in due course. His girlfriend looks dodgy as hell though.

"His girlfriend looks dodgy as hell though"

I knew it wouldn't take too long before someone would deflect attention from the farang to a Thai. She looks dodgy as hell compared to the farang who (allegedly) brutally murdered another person because of some trivial thing involving a dog. Right. If all else makes no sense, point a finger at a Thai.

I knew it wouldn't take long before someone made out my comment was a generalization about thai people. I'm certainly not sticking up for the swedish guy and it just might turn out that she's an accomplice to murder if you care to read the reports.

Agree with ya there, squire, but hab wait a cotton picking minute; farang murders farang? I thought that was a reserved occupation…coffee1.gif

R.I.P. Robert, and sincerest condolences to family and friends.

Kudos to the locals who caught the Swede and brought him to justice. Just hope that justice is served and the backstabbing Swede will rot in Bangkok Hilton until his dim light is blown out..

Why does Thai law allow bar keepers to continue to sell alcohol to customers that are Drunk?

This is a trick question, right?

Wow! I always believed that people go to a bar to GET drunk... Yupp, this must be a trick question, and I believe the correct answer to it will shed light on all mysteries of the universe...

Part of the reason I live here is to avoid people like this. When you hear stuff like this, it really saddens you.

That person stabbed in the neck could have been anyone.

RIP.

This sort of thing doesn't only happen in Thailand, there are looneys in every country, despite some of the things that happen here, I still think Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world to live.

There are always folks that want defend their life choices by arguing that the level of crime, corruption and dishonesty is the same in Thailand as every other country, regardless of what the numbers say. According to intentional homicide statistics, Thailand is more dangerous than every developed country by far except the US, which is still safer than Thailand:

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

I have travelled over most of the USA several times. come from the UK, and have lived in Thailand for 7 years. I feel much safer here than anywhere else I've ever been.

Wow. I lived in the US for 23 years and never felt like if someone hit me with their car, they would just flee the scene and that would be it. I guess you must have been living in the ghetto of all ghettos (I lived in New Orleans for a year; crime there is rampant and it, in fact, reminds me much of Bangkok: full of prostitutes, garbage, and corruption). You probably don't ever get in a car in Thailand then:

http://thailand-busi...for-road-safety

Also, just to clarify, Thailand is a developing country. The UK and the US are not. That [categorization] would have to be for a good reason for assuming greater personal safety in the latter two or maybe I'm just completely insane. I just happen to feel fairly confident that development and personal safety measures are related.

Edited by Unkomoncents
  • Like 2

The problem with staying in thailand is finding good people to be around. Its too easy to fall into a bad scene and end up in trouble, there are lots of farang with baggage and problems which will become your problem. In the first few times i visited i have watched and learnt and seen good people turn bad from drugs, women and excess.

Just stay away from drugs, people 'with business ventures' and bad women and thats 90% of your problems sorted

Edited by fish fingers

The problem with staying in thailand is finding good people to be around. Its too easy to fall into a bad scene and end up in trouble. There are lots of farang with baggage and problems. In the first few times i visited i have watched and learnt and seen good people turn bad from drugs, women and excess.

Just stay away from drugs, people 'with business ventures' and bad women and thats 90% of your problems sorted

It all depends where you want to hang out. If you hang out where there are the probability that those with social problems will be? Then there is the possibility that a problem can occur

This sort of crap is happening all the time in good ol safe OZ, makes you wounder where it's all going to end up, generally they're in a state of intoxication and spaced out of their minds, dumb bums without a life.Possum 1935 summed it up , Thailand is safer than most countries, i consider Perth, much to my disappointment, very dangerous after 10pm at night. Condolences to the family across the Tasman.

When is the last time a foreigner stabbed another foreigner over a girlfriend's playing with a dog? I don't think it has ever occurred in OZ. Let's broaden the net: When is the last time a an event like this occurred in Oz? Can you cite one incident when a foreign tourist murdered another foreign tourist/expat in a bar anywhere in Australia?

I suppose making your claim makes you feel safer, but the reality is that it does not. The reality is that while there are murders in Australia, people do not go around killing each other with the same frequency. Australians my have hairy toes, but they are not violent savages.

A death sentence is a very real possibility. Now if he had shot his cousin with an uzi while sitting in a restaurant, that would be a different story.

Yup! It would be just another day in NY.

Nigel, I think he was referring to this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188024/Thai-senator-accidentally-shoots-ex-wife-dead-Uzi-machine-gun-family-meal.html

No comment...

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i have come again,this Westerners are giving our country a very bad name, they are making our Amazing Thailand looks like a death trap for the outside world,yes crimes are here but if it is only locals doing this i will feel better now that visitors are also doing it how safe are we in this Thailand?

High time we banned alcohole,just my little ideacoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Nobody will ever be able to ban alcohol, too much money involved, BUT, wouldn't be a half bad idea to create a law forbidding bartenders to serve any more alcohol to obviously inibreated patrons ... AND ENFORCE THE LAW!!! Sadly, this won't happen, but still ... an idea in the right direction, in my opinion.

This sort of crap is happening all the time in good ol safe OZ, makes you wounder where it's all going to end up, generally they're in a state of intoxication and spaced out of their minds, dumb bums without a life.Possum 1935 summed it up , Thailand is safer than most countries, i consider Perth, much to my disappointment, very dangerous after 10pm at night. Condolences to the family across the Tasman.

When is the last time a foreigner stabbed another foreigner over a girlfriend's playing with a dog? I don't think it has ever occurred in OZ. Let's broaden the net: When is the last time a an event like this occurred in Oz? Can you cite one incident when a foreign tourist murdered another foreign tourist/expat in a bar anywhere in Australia?

I suppose making your claim makes you feel safer, but the reality is that it does not. The reality is that while there are murders in Australia, people do not go around killing each other with the same frequency. Australians my have hairy toes, but they are not violent savages.

Only in the last few months there has been deaths to innocent people for no reason.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fall-caused-brain-damage-to-kelly/story-fncynjr2-1226426682525

If you drink enough at the bars sooner or later you will get in a scuffle with someone here. I always try to make a note to myself when I go out drinking never to get into any fights no matter how angry I am.

I'll admit there have been times when I was extremely drunk that I have felt like whacking a couple guys. Luckily I had some restraint at the time.

Edited by meatballs

Would do well to avoid Sweden for a holiday with people of this mentality running around I would feel safer in Pattaya

No kidding. Sweden pops up in the Thai news a lot, both refugees and natives.

I don't shop at Ikea and I'll never ever drive a Volvo.

Would do well to avoid Sweden for a holiday with people of this mentality running around I would feel safer in Pattaya

No kidding. Sweden pops up in the Thai news a lot, both refugees and natives.

I don't shop at Ikea and I'll never ever drive a Volvo.

Americans too..

http://www.pattayada...ss=896j140032j8

I'd sure hope so. One of our cities has about the same population of the whole country of Sweden.

Alcohol and rage - as proven here - a deadly combination. Why do people who cannot handle their alcohol continue to drink heavily? Sad. RIP for the Kiwi citizen.

alcohol is secondary to their problem. They can not control themselves at all, that is why they drink too much. It is like giving a gun to somebody that doesn't know how to use a gun, and doesn't appreciate or understand anything about what it can do.

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i have come again,this Westerners are giving our country a very bad name, they are making our Amazing Thailand looks like a death trap for the outside world,yes crimes are here but if it is only locals doing this i will feel better now that visitors are also doing it how safe are we in this Thailand?

High time we banned alcohole,just my little ideacoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i have come again

blink.png

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i have come again

blink.png

As long as it is done in the privacy of his own home, it is o.k.