Cost Of A Foreigner Wedding In Thailand?

connor6063

My girlfriend are looking to get married in the near future. We have agreed that we will both share the costs of the wedding. She is Thai btw. How much would a wedding at Hilton Pattaya for around 150-300 guests be including nice decorations flowers and photographers? We were looking to spend around 1 million baht total including rooms for a few people for a few days. Does anyone have an estimate?

Yes, just ask the hotel; they get requests for a wedding quotation every week. ALL 4-5 start hotel have wedding arrangements, and often employ a person specifcally to sell and manage these events. They will be able to give you a specific quotation of everything they include, down to flowers, ice sculptures, two presenters, a band, etc, etc.

In their first quote they'll include everything and the kitchen sink, so you'll have to sit down with them and tick off the list the things you don't need. You can compare a couple hotels and their facilities.

Personal opinion: I think hotel-weddings are *really* boring and needlessly expensive, but then I couldn't avoid one for myself either; as you probably realized it's unavoidable if you marry someone a bit middle class or higher, with a lot of friends and family.

Either way I think you're sitting pretty with a budget of 1 mil. You could likely do it for half, too. But ask a couple hotels and resorts, then negotiate.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Staggering what some people do.

By tradition its the wife's parents who sort all that and you just pay the "sinsod" which they then take it back out of. (according to my wife)

Edited by CharlieH

Staggering what some people do.

By tradition its the wife's parents who sort all that and you just pay the "sinsod" which they then take it back out of. (according to my wife)

Except that weddings tend to break even, due to the money that people bring as gifts. So with a modicum of planning, you don't need to add too much money for most weddings, save for the most lavish ones. (And I bet some people are ending up with a positive balance.)

On my wedding night I had to drag the Mrs away from her Excel spreadsheet. "Honey, it can wait."

(... That's not the pivot I'm contemplating... )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai