Yamaha Tzm 150 Tyre Recommendation ?

Dutchbike

I want to change the tyres from my Yamaha TZM 150.

Any recommandations on what i could use?? and.... which are easy availble in Thailand.

it's now fitted with the OEM tyres: IRC front 90/80-17 46S

IRC rear 110/80-17 57S

Both tubeless.

I'm looking for multi purpose ( dry and wet) tyres, for all round riding, i've got no Rossi aspirations, so a combination of sport-tour would do fine,.mayby a bit wider in the back.

Thanks.

The Michelin Pilot Sportys are good for the first 6000 kilometers, compound changes then gets too hard.

The IRC IZR 003 is also good as mentioned, but it should be noted they are track tires and handle differently from street tires, but once you get use to them you may like them. They really want to turn, very soft.

Both tires dont handle too well in wet weather since there is no center groove. Ive had both.

Thanks for the advice, i narrow my choice to IRC , I've checked the irc thailand website and i can find 3 options.

First the NF 42 & NF 48 the OEM tires for TZM but since the TZM originates from the 90"s and that tires as well, not very up to date technology

Second the RX-01R serie ( fitted on the CBR's 250 and Ninja 250"s)

Front: 110/70-17 m/c 54S RX-01F T/L also in W/T ( don't know what that stands for different pattern??)

Rear: 130/70-17 m/c 62S RX-01R T/L (also in W/T)

and Third the iZ 003 ( the "only for racing" tires)

Front: 110/70-17 mc 54S

Rear: 140/70 -17 mc66S

A few questions: will those wider tires ( 130 or even 140) fit on the stock rims ( front MT 2.15 and rear MT 2.50) on the IRC website stands that for a 130 youl'll need a MT 3.50 rim and for a 140 a MT 4.0

in front for a 110 a MT 2.75 or MT 3.0

and will a 130 or 140 rear cause any clearance issues??

and finally: KRS1 you wrote those iZ 003 handel different, in what way?? ( with road use) and when caught up by rain are they dangerous in the rain or with a slower pass exceptable??

I have pirelli superbike full slicks on my nsr at the moment, and although people say they suck in the rain, they handle pretty dam_n well, much better than anything else I have had on. I've rode it through sonkran with no probs.

Thanks for the advice, i narrow my choice to IRC , I've checked the irc thailand website and i can find 3 options.

First the NF 42 & NF 48 the OEM tires for TZM but since the TZM originates from the 90"s and that tires as well, not very up to date technology

Second the RX-01R serie ( fitted on the CBR's 250 and Ninja 250"s)

Front: 110/70-17 m/c 54S RX-01F T/L also in W/T ( don't know what that stands for different pattern??)

Rear: 130/70-17 m/c 62S RX-01R T/L (also in W/T)

and Third the iZ 003 ( the "only for racing" tires)

Front: 110/70-17 mc 54S

Rear: 140/70 -17 mc66S

A few questions: will those wider tires ( 130 or even 140) fit on the stock rims ( front MT 2.15 and rear MT 2.50) on the IRC website stands that for a 130 youl'll need a MT 3.50 rim and for a 140 a MT 4.0

in front for a 110 a MT 2.75 or MT 3.0

and will a 130 or 140 rear cause any clearance issues??

and finally: KRS1 you wrote those iZ 003 handel different, in what way?? ( with road use) and when caught up by rain are they dangerous in the rain or with a slower pass exceptable??

Until you get use to them the IZR 003 always feel like they want to turn and pitch. They are biased towards leaning and turning quickly...they turn very fast. Riding straight will feel funny for the first few days until you get use to it, most people like them afterwards.

They are ok in the rain, not dangerous, but not as grippy as oem in rain. Going up one size of tire doenst usually cause problems. Althouth ive lost power on a cbr 150 when i went too big on the rear, the rear suspension also behaves differently if the rear tire is too big and heavy.

you could probably squeeze a 130 on the stock rear, but it's not ideal. A 110 will run the front stock rim, but it's pinched a tad. I have a 110 on my front (2.15) and it looks alright (haven't rode it yet) - I have a 140 on the rear, but it's a 4.0 rim.

LIkDL.jpg

Since i want to keep my TZM stock and more or less original ( i bought it new a few months ago) it looks like i'll have to go with the OEM tires.

The ones on my TZM are just dried out.

B.T.W Kiske that's a serious project you got there going on, swingarm ( from which bike??) different bodywork.... please show us the progress.