Driving From Mukdahan To Vietnam

Issangeorge

From little knowledge that I have, Vietnam does not allow cars from Thailand into Vietnam. Only some trucks. But you can drive your Lao car to Vietnam. I have been to Vietnam many times. If you think driving in Thailand is difficult, think again. Vietnam is 100 times worse. This is probably the reason Vietnam doesn't allow right hand cars into their country. Too risky.

There is an other point to consider, without Vietnamese driver license it is forbidden for foreigner drive any car. Of course it have many clever foreigner which do it but in case of an accident - can easy happen as said 100 time worse - you go in jail because also no insurance pay! I prefer go to hotel.

Second point as said, right hand car have no right drive in Vietnam, sometimes possible in convoi to China.

wai.gif

You can hire Mini Busses with driver in Mukdahan that can take you into Vietnam and they are cheap to hire and the driver i know has been there many times and knows his way around. This is the safest way to do it i think.

There is an other point to consider, without Vietnamese driver license it is forbidden for foreigner drive any car. Of course it have many clever foreigner which do it but in case of an accident - can easy happen as said 100 time worse - you go in jail because also no insurance pay! I prefer go to hotel.

Second point as said, right hand car have no right drive in Vietnam, sometimes possible in convoi to China.

wai.gif

Ever heard of an International driving permit issued in Thailand? Better you go hotel......laugh.png

wai.gif

Maybe you go hotel!! I got fined the equivalent of 600$ australian in march this year driving a hire car in HCM with a valid international driving licence!!I hired the car down the coast in Vungtau as per norm, never had a problem before , but they are getting very strict about their licencing laws, my lawyer reckons was lucky to get off so lightly.

Ever heard of an International driving permit issued in Thailand? Better you go hotel......laugh.png