Swimming Pool Adhesive

micky1965

HI can anyone tell me if you can buy an adhesive to stick down a few tiles that have come up in my pool without having the pool empted ? I've been told they is such a thing and i have seen it in the UK and I've been to a few shops here but yet to find such a thing ..

anyone one can suggest a place that does sell it and does it work ..

Thanks

For what it's worth; I looked for ages in Pattaya for something similar but had no luck. As a temporary measure and after trying a few things I found that silicon sealent will work for awhile as a tile adhesive but eventually you will need to empty the pool to do it properly.

There are underwater adhesives avialable but they are expensive and I could not find anything in Pattaya. Some very knowledgeable pool guys on TV so someone will be along shortly to give you better advice.

For what it's worth; I looked for ages in Pattaya for something similar but had no luck. As a temporary measure and after trying a few things I found that silicon sealent will work for awhile as a tile adhesive but eventually you will need to empty the pool to do it properly.

There are underwater adhesives avialable but they are expensive and I could not find anything in Pattaya. Some very knowledgeable pool guys on TV so someone will be along shortly to give you better advice.

Thanks how long did the sealant last for ...

SICAFLEX, You can get it at marine supply shops in Ocean Marina or the one at the corner Sukhumvit and the road going down to Banglamung. This stuff cures underwater, applies similar to silicone and dries underwater. Not cheap so....Good luck JL.

You need hydraulic cement which will set under water. Home Pro has it in 5 litre and 1 litre pots. It's made by a company called Lanko, and the correct one for fixing leaks is #224 Rapid Plug cement. It costs 159 Baht for a litre in Home Pro, and that will be plenty to stick down a few loose tiles in your pool. You'll probably need scuba gear to do the job properly. When the condo where I used to live fixed some loose tiles they got a Thai diver in to do the job for them.

You'd be better off understanding why the tiles come loose.

When it happened to me, it started with a couple of tiles, but over the weeks

ahead there where more and more ....

In my case, the stabilizer in the chlorine I was using (some sort of acid) accumulated

in the pool water and first eat the grout and than slowly loosening tiles. I too tried to

first glue the tiles (don't remember what we used) but eventually had to re-tile the pool.

Good Luck,

rudi

You need hydraulic cement which will set under water. Home Pro has it in 5 litre and 1 litre pots. It's made by a company called Lanko, and the correct one for fixing leaks is #224 Rapid Plug cement. It costs 159 Baht for a litre in Home Pro, and that will be plenty to stick down a few loose tiles in your pool. You'll probably need scuba gear to do the job properly. When the condo where I used to live fixed some loose tiles they got a Thai diver in to do the job for them.

lucky I've only got one lose one on the bottom the rest are on the jacuzzi i will send my daughter down to do the 1 on the bottom thx of to home pro to have a look for it

In my case, the stabilizer in the chlorine I was using (some sort of acid) accumulated

in the pool water and first eat the grout and than slowly loosening tiles. I too tried to

first glue the tiles (don't remember what we used) but eventually had to re-tile the pool.

Good Luck,

rudi

Thanks do you know how much it was to re-tile the pool just incase it comes to that ...

Good Luck,

rudi

If using 90% chlorine it has pool stabilizer (cyanuric acid) built in & the pH will tend to the low side (more acidic) if you do not control it with soda ash to keep pH in the range 7.2 to 7.6. If pH is too low the grout will eat away over time. Having said that I have seen a few pools where the grout has gone but the tiles are still secure. So much depends on how the tiles are laid & what adhesive is used when the pool is being built.

lucky I've only got one lose one on the bottom the rest are on the jacuzzi i will send my daughter down to do the 1 on the bottom thx of to home pro to have a look for it

well i got the stuff you was on about .. it comes in a dust form and there is no way you can stick a tile down with it under water even tried mixing it up but as soon as you put it under the water just washes it off . waste of money that was glad it was only 159 baht

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well i got the stuff you was on about .. it comes in a dust form and there is no way you can stick a tile down with it under water even tried mixing it up but as soon as you put it under the water just washes it off . waste of money that was glad it was only 159 baht

We tried an underwater glue several years ago. Two canisters, you mix them together into a putty. Then, slather the tile, and go diving. It seemed to fix the tiles fairly well. Problem is, usually when a tiles comes loose, the grout around it also fails. If you put just the tile back, it looks funny and out of place due to not being surrounded by grout. We abandoned ship, and now do a drain and proper fix (usually, when you drain you will find many more loose tiles just waiting to fall off).

Gil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I hope you have found the right product by now. I was as well doing some research and came over ROTH International (www.rothinternational.org), a company in Phuket that sells a one component underwater adhesive. I paid close to 2000 THB a tube (including post to Chantaburi) but it worked to fix some loose mosaic tiles in my swimming pool. With the two parts epoxy i never got it right, but this one solved my problem. In case you still need help try [email protected]

Cheers!

AMC