Do You Know About Dedicated/virtual Server Providers On Thailand?

ITGabs

I have two projects that are already running in Superbhosting and Rackspace (USA west coast) but generally from Thailand the performance it's prety bad, bad latency, time outs, packets lost, etc. and I want to try it in similar environments but from here, at least the latency must be 7 times better...

I am doing some research about Thailand Datacenters, I found that many of the corporate sites are under ASIANET.CO.TH servers that are property of "Asia Infornet co.,ltd" that I think is a fillial of True, and another group of corporate sites are under "CAT TELECOM Data Comm. Dept, IDC Office"

...And in a regular search I found many shitty companies that offering thai webhosting, webdesign, co-location and dedicated servers, but half of them are hosted by datacenters out of Thailand (the bulk ones) and the rest still looks small with very few data about monthly bandwidth, speed, etc.

I not find the middle range....

Do you know or better what is your experience about dedicated/virtual servers providers in ThaiLand?

Edited by ITGabs

I had a look at colo options in Thailand. It's been a while ago so I don't recall the exact prices but they were many times more than what I pay for colo in US. National bandwidth is fine but very limited internationally and a server blade in Thailand at the time started around 200,000 baht. Tech support ... well I guess you can work that one out yourself.

Have you considered using CloudFlare? It is a free CDN (Content Delivery Network) you can add to your US/EU hosting that provides a Cloud frontend to your website, with edge nodes all over the world, including both Singapore and Hong Kong. Very easy to enable, particularly If, like us, you have a partnership agreement with them, then it is a matter of a click in Cpanel to enable.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, I am looking some company in thailand similar to http://www.superb.net/ or http://www.rackspace.com/ I already work with many datacenter/hosting companies and with superb for longer than 8 years, rackspace around two years.

Another reference:

Non Managed: I need the basic tech support enogh for keep the hardware and all the things outside my server ok, I only need a reboot sometimes.

Cheap if is possible: in superb I can get for 15000 bath a big server enoght fast to run my own cloud with 6 VM, I don't want to pay a farang price ;) 200,000!!

Server Software non a webpage: Full AJAX, Flex, AS3 a lot of dynamic and static content, the big win is the Enterprise Search, I designed by my own this search system using very high technology, right now I can get responses in 0,100 and 0,080 seconds (In US) that it's amazing for internet in relation to all the things that it looking on the fly, but this is a combination of a lot of things, for using this system in thailand I need a very low latency (ping) 0,020 should be perfect, right now from US the latency is between 0,350 and 0,450 and in a normal request is around 1 second, so that is so much, thinking that this operations are used by other systems and when are alot for example 2000 you can notice the difference between 33 minutes and only 3...

Thank for the cloudflare.com that service should be great for many users in this forum.

Well what I meant by tech support here ... Somchai: "let's see, what happens when I press that red button that says 'do not under any circumstances press this button!'". And the network reliability ...

15000 baht - so 500 USD - is that per month or per year or what? If it's per month it is very expensive. If it's per year it's incredibly cheap.

Well what I meant by tech support here ... Somchai: "let's see, what happens when I press that red button that says 'do not under any circumstances press this button!'". And the network reliability ...

15000 baht - so 500 USD - is that per month or per year or what? If it's per month it is very expensive. If it's per year it's incredibly cheap.

sorry, per month... but I think discussing about what you get for 200,000 (per month, year or what?) and if is cheap or not a "big server" for 500 usd is off topic.

I know that there are some good companies, the best that I found is this

http://en.ic-myhost.com/dedicated-server/

good price, good latency, clear prices, still I not trust in that "unlimited bandwich" never is unlimited

I will look in thai soon, sure I will find more.

Also consider Singapore. Thailand has a direct peering agreement with Singapore, so traffic between the 2 countries is routed identically to "in-country" traffic here in Thailand. Same speed, near same latency.

Singapore providers will generally offer far higher support levels and better pricing.

Other option worth considering is AWS cloud - they have a DC in Singapore.

sorry, per month... but I think discussing about what you get for 200,000 (per month, year or what?) and if is cheap or not a "big server" for 500 usd is off topic.

I know that there are some good companies, the best that I found is this

http://en.ic-myhost....dicated-server/

good price, good latency, clear prices, still I not trust in that "unlimited bandwich" never is unlimited

I will look in thai soon, sure I will find more.

Well sorry if it's off topic, it was yourself who brought up the price issue. Of course it also depends if you just want to rent a server or you want to buy your own and just buy the colo facilities. When I mentioned 200,000 baht it was for the purchase of the server, you then would have to buy some service fee to have it colocated somewhere. The alternative is to just lease the server in a facility, there are pro/cons either way. I still think $500 for a leased server is a lot of money. In that price range I would definitely buy my own server and just pay for the colocation.