Two Seriously Injured In North Pattaya Road Accident

Rimmer

Two seriously injured in North Pattaya road accident

PATTAYA:--Late on Tuesday Night a Honda Civic crashed into a Cement Mixing truck on the Sukhumvit Road just North of Pattaya.

Police and rescue services were soon there to deal with the crash which resulted in serious injuries to the driver and passenger of the Honda Civic. The driver of the Cement Truck, Khun Pradit aged 51 remained at the scene and told Police that he was initiating a u-turn when the small car hit the centre of his turning truck at high-speed.

Police are questioning the truck driver further at this time although they tell us he appears not to be at-fault.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/61742/injured-north-pattaya-road-accident/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-09-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Thai drivers perform u-turns at such low speeds I am not surprised there are so many nighttime accidents of this kind. A cement truck sideways on in the fast lane of the Sukhumvit would very likely be virtually invisible to approaching cars. The truck driver shouldn't be held accountable for the foolish traffic management system that forces them to perform this always dangerous manoeuvre. Why this country doesn't invest in roundabouts and get rid of this absurd u-turn obsession I'll never know.

Thai drivers perform u-turns at such low speeds I am not surprised there are so many nighttime accidents of this kind. A cement truck sideways on in the fast lane of the Sukhumvit would very likely be virtually invisible to approaching cars. The truck driver shouldn't be held accountable for the foolish traffic management system that forces them to perform this always dangerous manoeuvre. Why this country doesn't invest in roundabouts and get rid of this absurd u-turn obsession I'll never know.

Yes but can you put your hand on your heart and honestly say most Thai drivers even know how to use

a roundabout correctly?blink.png

Edited by Asiantravel