Will, A Possibly Weal Dollar Next Year Also Go Down With The Bath?

Hello!

I see on tv, that the dollar value will go down next year !

I sill don't understand how the Thai bath, is connected to the dollar and pound!

And € to pounds , go up and down on same level € pounds

But I recogneized a have year ago € was 40,5 bath long time , pound at this time 46- 47, now lowest euro 3 weeks ago was 37,1 bath, but pound still same level to the thaibath then have year ago, in a middle of 47,48 bath!

But the different from euro to pounds, is still, not higher then a half year ago'

Who can explain this?

How the bath is connected to dollar,and the euro to the pounds?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Statement "But the different from euro to pounds, is still, not higher than a half year ago" is most likely a wrong one. Please take a look at one or both of the following charts:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GBPEUR=X&t=1y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EURGBP=X&t=1y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Quite beautiful upward and downward trends which seem to falsify OP's statement.

Edited by jacnl2000

Judging by the OP's written request, it is not going to make much difference to the OP's understanding. However, as all a free trading currencies it all comes down to supply and demand. US is oversupplying by printing to pay debt thus falling, the Euro ditto but the demand for Euro is lessening thus it falls also. The THB (Baht for the record) is not tied to the US at all and as Thailand is a manufacturing nation and exports more than it imports, the value remains higher (stronger) but right now, is artificially up. I would not lose sleep over it as you can't do anything about it!

The simple story.

1. You need a reference currency. This is the USD.

2. Now look at movements against the USD in the currencies you are interested in.

What moves currencies?

The main ones are trade, interest rates, central bank interference, speculation.

I think the THB is undervalued against the western currencies. The BoT has been actively buying forex against the THB to suppress a rise in value.

The THB is kept in line with a basket of other Asian currencies by BoT interferences, I would suspect that the USD is also in the basket there somewhere.

I don't quite understand your rambling about THB exchange rates compare to EUR/GBP exchange rates. I think you will find that the cross-rates will always be correct, even if you use the THB as a reference. The forex market is massive and any anomalies will be in seconds arbitraged into extinction.

• Like 1