Ikea Delivery Charge

AyG

I can't make much sense of the list of delivery charges on the Ikea website. Does anyone know if the 650 Baht delivery fee for Bangkok is per item, or per load? In other words, can I save money by ordering several items together for a single delivery over ordering them separately over time?

Edited by AyG

At long last i can contribute to someone's queries. I've just got into Bangkok less than a month.

I've used IKEA's services.

I can't recall if the fees for delivery is 650Baht, sounds close but if this is the fee, this 650 Baht is for per load basis.

However there are some rules that you may need to follow. E.g. they may require you to purchase a box for around 150-200 baht for those smaller items so that you can put it into the box.

From my experience it's best that you plan your order into a single delivery.

Also there is this percentage for charges if you're ordering furnitures and getting them to fix it for you.

If you really need an exact answer I can check my receipt when I'm home :)

yes, 650 baht per one load - so if you have a few pieces then it will still cost you 650. (however, do note that this is up to a certain limit...they didnt say exactly, but if you have several VERY bulky items then it might cost extra). the 650 still covers very reasonable amount though.... my stuff included a 1.5M (2.36 metre high) closet, a 1.4 metre glass table, and a small cabinet (about 60cm tall). all of these were in their initial 650 bht rate.

the installation cost is 7% of the item cost

I would like to add to this that we just had an Ikea kitchen installed. The delivery was indeed 650.

A separate team came to install. Nice guys who did a proper job. Took 2 days for a small kitchen. Its more work than you think.

It included the built in oven, induction plate and hood. These were bought at HomePro.

At the delivery and install desks at Ikea, they have a map with the delivery charges which depends on what area you live.

There were fixed charges for each cabinet, depended on what type of cabinet. Quite reasonable prices, I thought.