Land Office

Hello

My mate has on offer on a house, he is not a TV member but I have recommended him to sign up (it wll save me asking for him!)

OK, so his house is in a Thai name, his wifes, they have the chanote.

He wants to know what he needs to take to the land office when he signs it over.

I have no idea, i have said chanote and the wifes ID card!

The buyer should (?) do checks before I beleive?

Also, he has asked how long it will take to complete the transfer if all paperwork is completed before hand.

His house is in Chonburi where he lives.

Any advice welcome.

As a foreigner he cannot own the land the house is sitting on. He can give the money, as a gift, to his wife/GF and send her down to the land office. The complete paper work, along with the original owners signature, and the Chanote can be handed over in a couple of days. This is all without a lawyers or due diligence advice and it should not be undertaken alone.

Observer, thx for you post, he an dhis wife are the vendors not buyers.

And I have recommended he find a lawyer to do what is needed but let's just say he's tight and leave it at that!

I think he will get one but all I can do is ask for him!

Thanks all.

If there is something that is not complicated then it has to be a Thai that sells land.

The process is that you go to the landoffice with the chanot in hand, and your ID card of course.

The buyer has to bring id and cash/cheque.

You go to the desk and tell them what you want to do, hand them the papers.

Sit and wait.

You will be called and you will get a paper with the taxes on it. Go to the cashier, pay it (Buyer and seller already agreed who pays what i hope!), get the receipt.

Hand it over, wait until they type everything on the chanot.

Wait, were is a lawyer needed..... I think your friend is not only tight but in this case also right. smile.png

Maybe the buyer wants one to boost his confidence and maybe do something he don't understands, you surely don't need one.

It takes an hour minimum and can take whole day if it is busy.

Be the first when the doors open.

Note: It is not "he and his wife are the vendors", it is "his wife is the vendor".

Edited by Khun Jean
  • Like 2

If there is something that is not complicated then it has to be a Thai that sells land.

The process is that you go to the landoffice with the chanot in hand, and your ID card of course.

Sit and wait.

You will be called and you will get a paper with the taxes on it. Go to the cashier, pay it (Buyer and seller already agreed who pays what i hope!), get the receipt.

Wait, were is a lawyer needed..... I think your friend is not only tight but in this case also right. smile.png

Maybe the buyer wants one to boost his confidence and maybe do something he don't understands, you surely don't need one.

Note: It is not "he and his wife are the vendors", it is "his wife is the vendor".

Useful information, thanks. Why some other people who have no knowledge of a topic and just pick holes in the question is beyond me.

Sit and wait.

Yep, as I thought, chanote and ID card, paperwork done and fees, wait at ofice.

Nice one, I hav etold him a lawyer may be best but why? As you say, easy, no checks on their part, if teh buyer want a lawyer they pay. All easy, I think they will be 1st their!