Cost To Drill A Well Anybody ?

Sorry Big C. The divining that I have used or seen only tells me where the water is - not how good it is.

Water quality on the island varies a lot. Where we are we get a lot of iron and aluminium in it. Everything turns brown, and I forgot what I was going to say. (Apparently aluminium causes loss of memory???)

are there any elemintes in water that make your spelling bad if so i might needa ne well

• Like 2

Just has a shallow well dug - Baht 1,000 per ring. Needed 8 rings. All the work done by a slight Thai lady with male supervision!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah!!! can picture that, seen that more than once, even ladies building walls...while the men sit around and drink all day......rolleyes.gif

I have been trying to get a figure from a neighbour but nothing conclusive on a 100 metre well, which Samui Deep well put in...

I know last year he paid out 8000 baht to replace the pump, plus they flushed out the well.... .of sand.

Also to consider, it a filtration system with chlorine injection.... and holding tank... etc etc.... you may need that too.... whistling.gif

Water quality on the island varies a lot. Where we are we get a lot of iron and aluminium in it. Everything turns brown, and I forgot what I was going to say. (Apparently aluminium causes loss of memory???)

About twice a year i get the same problem, my theory was pesticides seeping into the well from the mountains behind the house.

My Thai neighbor who i let share the well tells me it's not deep enough, (I believe it's over 100m)

Is there an easy why to check for Iron & Aluminum next time ?

About twice a year i get the same problem, my theory was pesticides seeping into the well from the mountains behind the house.

My Thai neighbor who i let share the well tells me it's not deep enough, (I believe it's over 100m)

2Fe + 6HCI + 3H2O2 -> 2Fe3+ + 6CI- + 6H20 -- Fe3+ + SCN- -> FeSCN2+ . Liquid should turn a pink/brown colour depending on the amount of iron present.

100mg Potassium Thiocyanate + 10 mL testing water + 4 drops of highly concentrated Hydrochloric acid + 6-7 drops of (3%) Hydrogen Peroxide should do the trick.

I'm making now a well for mine and my neighbors' land. I got a small team of Burmese digging with tools and putting on site concrete rings, for 800 Baht each (excluding the prices of the rings) I stay in a hill area (almost at the bottom) with some granite stone. They are down more than 12 meters, they met already twice a stone area (luckily not as strong as granite) and they pass (I borrow an electric jackhammer powered by my generator). Now they facing a third, harder stone area and everybody (monk included) say that after that plenty of water. I hope so.

We talking of a 45/60.000 Baht final cost.

they sell filters in home pro but depending on the state of the water depends on how many time you need to change the filtures

Just has a shallow well dug - Baht 1,000 per ring. Needed 8 rings. All the work done by a slight Thai lady with male supervision!!

of coarse i can get my misses to start digging. keeps her out of trouble for a few dayss/weeks/months??

can anybody recommend a shovel that does not brake. gardern tools are pretty crap quality out here

Thanks notmyself

Very scientific, will have to spend a few Hr's on geoogle working it all out! Next question is were do i buy all that stuff?

All off the shelf except Potassium Thiocyanate which is not restricted so should be able to order it.

I do not know that it is not restricted in Thailand though I very much doubt it. In theory the chemical reaction could be use to speed up what would look like blood.

of coarse i can get my misses to start digging. keeps her out of trouble for a few dayss/weeks/months??

can anybody recommend a shovel that does not brake. gardern tools are pretty crap quality out here

The only place to find half decent spades or shovels is Home Pro... they have a green handle.... in garden section at the back end... they have actually have come down in price, last I looked. (499.00 from 600 baht) unless placed on wrong price sticker! wink.png

Men's and lady size too, so you can give her a hand..... biggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy

The only place to find half decent spades or shovels is Home Pro... they have a green handle.... in garden section at the back end... they have actually have come down in price, last I looked. (499.00 from 600 baht) unless placed on wrong price sticker! wink.png

Men's and lady size too, so you can give her a hand..... biggrin.png

cheers samuijimmy i think with equal oppotunities i should stay home and get my misses a shovel lol

• 3 weeks later...
Don't care what you say wink.png seen them at work.

Can't believe that, as a mod, you are supporting scammers on the island.

Water divining is a scam. James Randi offered has long offered a $1 million prize to anyone who can prove any paranormal ability, Water Divining included. The prize has been on offer for over 15 years without anybody successfully claiming it.

I'm sure your Thai water diviners would be interested in 30 million baht, why not encourage them to take the challenge?

It's a scam, and if you believe it, you're an idiot.

The last 2 words are not necessary!

Don't care what you say wink.png seen them at work.

Can't believe that, as a mod, you are supporting scammers on the island.

Water divining is a scam. James Randi offered has long offered a $1 million prize to anyone who can prove any paranormal ability, Water Divining included. The prize has been on offer for over 15 years without anybody successfully claiming it.

I'm sure your Thai water diviners would be interested in 30 million baht, why not encourage them to take the challenge?

It's a scam, and if you believe it, you're an idiot.

The last 2 words are not necessary!

That's what I think about you not necessary