Suzuki Vitara For Sale?

There is a big second hand car lot just past Nathon between the immigration traffic lights and the set for the Raja ferry / Nikki beach turn off on the left hand side. I don't know if they have any Suzuki,s in but I would go for another model having once hired one. A truly horrible car.

Each to their own though. biggrin.png I did notice that they had a Land Rover Discovery though the last time I passed. I wonder if it has a Toyota engine like most Land Rovers here ?

Second hand cars on Samui are expensive for what they are. It's just because they are on the island - not because they are worththe money.

You would get a better deal in Suratthani - or better still, Bangkok. Of course that all takes extra time.

Most Vitaras that I have seen on the island are more than ten years old, and quite a few have had conversions to an automatic transmission - but that is only my experience. They have all been hire cars

I own a Vitara. 12 years old. Its a good little car. Engine is fine, but bodywork is starting to show signs of its age.

As Trop says, most 2nd hand cars on Samui - and in Thailand in general - are way overpriced for what they are. Especially cars such as Vitara's in tourist/beach areas such as Samui, simply because they are so rentable. I paid 270k for mine 2 years ago. An equivalent car in the UK would have been about 40k. But when I can rent it out at 14k-16k/month its resale value will never drop much as long as it stays in good condition.

Saying that, it you want to buy mine, I'd prob take 250k for it.

1st off I do like Suzuki, and have owned a few, the last one being a Ignis in the UK, not sold here or expect would have bought one here...

Problem with the Suzuki Vitara is No ABS, No Airbags... unless you get the V6 import from Greece....... Here the Suzuki Grand Vitara did have both ABS and Airbags in 2.0 lt and the 2.7 from 2004......... the Suzuki Grand Vitara is bigger and myself don't like the look of... for the same sort of money and year there is the MK 2 Honda CRV loads about, and the Nissan X-Trail.. or a bit older 2002 Toyota Rav4 Mk 2 for same money

For looks and not many here........ same year and price the Honda HRV = Funky 4x4 1.6..

I own a Vitara. 12 years old. Its a good little car. Engine is fine, but bodywork is starting to show signs of its age.

As Trop says, most 2nd hand cars on Samui - and in Thailand in general - are way overpriced for what they are. Especially cars such as Vitara's in tourist/beach areas such as Samui, simply because they are so rentable. I paid 270k for mine 2 years ago. An equivalent car in the UK would have been about 40k. But when I can rent it out at 14k-16k/month its resale value will never drop much as long as it stays in good condition.

Saying that, it you want to buy mine, I'd prob take 250k for it.

Thank you for your offer, but I thing it`s too old and if there is starting signs of rust it`s too costly to fix. A mecanik failer is Ok to repair but not the rust. But thanks anyway for your reply.