Norwegian Dies Following Bar Brawl At Central Pattaya Beer Bar

Rimmer

Customers in the bar at the time have now told police that the fight happened outside, as the deceased mounted his motorbike to return to his home and had an argument with a companion who thought he might be better to leave the bike and make his way home by bus , as it had been a “heavy night”and that the argument escalated into a fight.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

This is the story in Norwegian newspaper.

One man tried to stop him from driving his motorbike, and that resulted in words exchange, and then he was knocked of his bike with several blows or strikes to his head and fell to the ground.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like a tragic accident involving alcohol and 2 friends. The other man seemed to care enough to try and stop his friend from driving while impaired but when it evolved one man ended up dead.

Very sad news and condolences to his friends and family and also RIP.

Major head fracture from hitting his head on a table,.... I don't think so!

RIP to the poor victim and condolences to the family!

Why not? If he hit the corner of the table or the edge it's very possible!

I had an acquaintance who simply tripped and hit her head on the corner of a raised car tailgate. She collapsed, went into a coma and never recovered.

The movie violence we see these days gives many people a distorted idea of just how fragile we are. Kids see stuntmen falling four or five floors onto what looks like a concrete surface and believe it. In a fight? A serious swing to the head with a baseball bat can't hurt that much, surely....

Condolences to the deceased and his family.

I've always thought this. Tough guys in movies get hit with chairs, bottles, baseball bats etc and carry on fighting, giving young kids watching the impression that these are NOT potentially fatal blows, which is exactly what they are!

Could it be BuBu is Boo Boo named after Yogi's sidekick and he's actually a farang?

Either way it doesn't stop the usual suspects posting the usual rubbish about Thai people and Thai police.

We don't know who started the fight, we dont know how the guy ended up with a fatl injury,

You have got to feel sorry for the guys friends and relations but I'll reserve judgemnt on BuBu and the deceased until more is known.

It's got to the stage on here that the second something bad happens and is reported on here the smart asses come flooding in. Their childish, ill thought out, evil minded comments make them appear exactly like the type of people you wouldn't want to share a can of coke with.

Calm down dude, you will burst a blood vessel.

Disgusted by some comments here at Thaivisa......

not every news needs a comment full of Sarcasm, Hatred or Mockery...

Guys.... the whole story isn't even out yet or maybe it will never but come-on.... a guy lost his life here... Some decency Please.....

I could not agree with you more. Any comments regarding anyone loosing their life should show respect but sadly it just goes to show what is happening with the human race especially regarding ex-pats

Young males need to learn in grade school that their testosterone levels can get them killed. A lot of this is the false assumption that females are attracted to big male equipment and manliness. This can get them in trouble, because females are only attracted to the skin pouch (leather wallet) and the money in it.

I feel sorry for his family ... a life wasted on nothing. Sad.

Seems to happend more and more theese days, make me sad, a few wrong words and thats it, dont know the story, but feel sorry for everyone ivolved,especially the families. RIP from Alfen Surin. Kaares Bar usually a peaceful place that be said.

Although it does sound odd, things like this do happen. Had a strange accident in my hometown a few years back where a well known club owner was trying to break up a fight out in front of his club (he just happened to be there, along with club security people), slipped on the wet pavement and hit his head just right on the curb... he died then and there.

Best advice, if it's possible, avoid potentially violent situations or places. You might be a tough guy, you might be in the right, but bad things happen in situations like that. Far better to walk away.

This happened in my town too, but it was a bouncer who fell and hit his head. When I read that somebody did not believe that one could die by hitting their head on a table I felt I had to say something, glad somebody did before me. People don't realise that when you are in a fight like that, it is all too easy to kill somebody without meaning too. Martial arts will teach you how to defend yourself with dicipline, now bubu if caught is looking at life in prison or death row because of probably one punch or blow of some kind.

One more post removed. Any more lame attempts at sick humour on this topic and the poster responsible will be going away for a break.

A man is dead have some respect on here please.

As a "pupil" in a barrister's chambers in the UK, I followed dozens, or maybe even hundreds, of cases of deaths where the deceased had died as a result of falling and hitting their heads on solid objects. In only one case, was there found to be any suspicion of external involvement...!

If you have any doubts about what a solid wooden table can do, then please feel free to throw yourself into the air and "stick the nut" on one...!!

• Like 1

If you have any doubts about what a solid wooden table can do, then please feel free to throw yourself into the air and "stick the nut" on one...!!

I would suspect in the case of some TV posters they would end up breaking the table with their heads and defnitely no damage to the brain......whistling.gif

• Like 1

Yes if its a concrete table that many bars have outside.

Concrete table, footpath, kerb, bitumen road - anything hard will do it. It's happening more and more in Australia. The one hit blind side cowardly punch killing a lot of young kids here. Remember the famous movie star William Holden? He got pissed one night and fell and hit his head on a coffee table. Killed him no problem.

Yes the skull is more fragile than we think,I once knew an American in Thailand a few years ago,that came out of his Bathroom wet,and his feet slipped out from under him on glazed tiles. He smashed the back of his head in,and died within the hour. So yes one can easily die,with the head hitting solid material.

RIP.

Customers in the bar at the time have now told police that the fight happened outside, as the deceased mounted his motorbike to return to his home and had an argument with a companion who thought he might be better to leave the bike and make his way home by bus , as it had been a “heavy night”and that the argument escalated into a fight.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

This is the story in Norwegian newspaper.

One man tried to stop him from driving his motorbike, and that resulted in words exchange, and then he was knocked of his bike with several blows or strikes to his head and fell to the ground.

So he wasn#t wear his helmet ?

One post mentions the implausibility of this being an accident. My father died from this same kind of fall onto a table corner. That said, it does seem like a lot af farangs leave Thailand in a box. From accidents.

Yupp, accidents happen and fatality seems to be random... Some F1 drivers survive without a scratch hitting a wall at 300+ km/h and some people die of a broken neck stumbling over some plastic packing strips left on the sidewalk... Unnecessary death though, fighting over how to get home - what a waste!

Sounds to me like a tragic accident involving alcohol and 2 friends. The other man seemed to care enough to try and stop his friend from driving while impaired but when it evolved one man ended up dead.

Very sad news and condolences to his friends and family and also RIP.

Also my understanding. A tragic accident. RIP.

They were both friends with the Norwegian bar owner at Kares Partybar , Kare.

Bubu is far away from Pattaya now . Lets hope they catch him , you can call it an accident as much as you want , but this was a fight that never should have happened. I would call it a murder.

Edited by balo