Bringing Plants In

oldsailor35

Have a look here .

Restricted

• Live animals – health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations. Contact nearest embassy to obtain permission.

• Plants, foodstuff and seeds– health certificate require. Check with the nearest embassy.

• Weaponry and ammunition – permission obtainable from Ministry of Interior. Check with the nearest embassy.

• Medication

• Foreign currency – any amounts need to be declared.

Save yourself a lot of hassle and just bring them in. I have brought many plants into Thailand and I know many Thais who do frequent trips abroad and have brought in many plants especially from Indonesia, Singapore etc.

Ditto cash. I have never been stopped in 7 years in fact I think on entering, Thai customs must be the most relaxed in the world.

Of course the correct legal way is outlined above, your choice.

I have brought in heaps of frangipani, last time 50 odd for myself but before that for growers over here that I bought from for swaps or gifts. Also brought in seeds of various kinds, different plants and a few kilos of aged rib fillet steak, this was all through Bangkok, I just walked through with my bags and no one queried me.

Dennis