Nc700X = 500 Pounds (229 Kilos)

KRS1

Was just looking at the Honda big wing site and they have the NC700x listed at 229 kilos, thats 504.859 pounds !

My SV 650 only weighs 379 pounds.

What the hell has Honda been eating?.....dayummmn

I imagine the dual clutch transmission adds a bit of weight.

Exactly. The non dual clutch version weights 214kg.

214 kg? Quite a lot for a bike with 55hp, especially at the inflated Thai price.

Maybe AP Honda is pricing the bike by the kg now? Like pork at the market... although at around 2000 baht per kilo it's a bit steep if you ask me, but at least you get a wing on the tank (if you like that kind of thing).

• Like 1

214 kg? Quite a lot for a bike with 55hp, especially at the inflated Thai price.

Maybe AP Honda is pricing the bike by the kg now? Like pork at the market... although at around 2000 baht per kilo it's a bit steep if you ask me, but at least you get a wing on the tank (if you like that kind of thing).

laugh.png

oh wait now i remember, isnt the usual place for the gastank now used as storage space instead?

So i guess that storage space would add atleast another 10-15 lbs minimum? Even so, where's all the other extra weight coming from?

oh wait now i remember, isnt the usual place for the gastank now used as storage space instead?

So i guess that storage space would add atleast another 10-15 lbs minimum? Even so, all the other extra weight coming from?

Not sure it's incredibly heavy. After all, according to wikipedia, a curb weight Ninja 650 weighs 211 kg. Not sure if that is the ABS model or not though (assume so). They also list the aluminium framed SV650 as having a curb weight of 198 kg and that ABS free. The FZ6 is listed at 186 kg dry...another >20 for fluids and you're in the same range.

So it looks like it is a bit heavier than the similar sized competition, and definitely down on the kg/HP hunt. I'd reckon that the storage area weighs no more than the ABS system, so if you'd look at the 214 as without the DCT and storage area, but with ABS, it's nearly the same as the ER-6F...

cheesy.gif good comment! so i hope they do not make the incoming cbr500 like 250 kg. it will be very expensive this waybiggrin.png

So it looks like it is a bit heavier than the similar sized competition, and definitely down on the kg/HP hunt.

Yep, the Nc700x is definetly not made for racing. But for loads of fun with a low rpm torque monster. But the price has to go down before i will buy one biggrin.png

So i guess that storage space would add atleast another 10-15 lbs minimum? Even so, all the other extra weight coming from?

Not sure it's incredibly heavy. After all, according to wikipedia, a curb weight Ninja 650 weighs 211 kg. Not sure if that is the ABS model or not though (assume so). They also list the aluminium framed SV650 as having a curb weight of 198 kg and that ABS free. The FZ6 is listed at 186 kg dry...another >20 for fluids and you're in the same range.

So it looks like it is a bit heavier than the similar sized competition, and definitely down on the kg/HP hunt. I'd reckon that the storage area weighs no more than the ABS system, so if you'd look at the 214 as without the DCT and storage area, but with ABS, it's nearly the same as the ER-6F...

Those numbers on wikipedia appear to be wrong. For the SV 650 it list a dry weight of 379 lbs for the S model...wet weight list 436 lbs....there is no way there is 57 lbs of fluid capacity.

Just taking the fuel capacity into consideration which is 4.5 gallons, the weight for the fuel alone would come out to 4.5 x 6.25 lbs (72degrees f.....US gallon) = 28.125 lbs

Add the weight of engine oil and coolant (1.77 - 1.875 lbs per quart of oil), it still would not add up to 57 lbs, there's additional weight that Mark Tuttle Jr pulled out of his ass from a bike review in 2004 that is no longer available for reference. Those numbers are bogus and do not add up from wikipedia.

EDIT: The wet weight for the S and SF (full fairing) models are also listed as the same...they shouldnt be because the S model does not have full fairings and is listed as being 7 lbs lighter than the full fairing version (another mistake because the side and bottom fairings as well as mounting arms weigh more than 7 lbs), wet weights however are listed as being the same.

Edited by KRS1

Those numbers on wikipedia appear to be wrong. For the SV 650 it list a dry weight of 379 lbs for the S model...wet weight list 436 lbs....there is no way there is 57 lbs of fluid capacity.

Just taking the fuel capacity into consideration which is 4.5 gallons, the weight for the fuel alone would come out to 4.5 x 6.25 lbs (72degrees f.....US gallon) = 28.125 lbs

Add the weight of engine oil and coolant (1.77 - 1.875 lbs per quart of oil), it still would not add up to 57 lbs, there's additional weight that Mark Tuttle Jr pulled out of his ass from a bike review in 2004 that is no longer available for reference. Those numbers are bogus and do not add up from wikipedia.

EDIT: The wet weight for the S and SF (full fairing) models are also listed as the same...they shouldnt be because the S model does not have full fairings and is listed as being 7 lbs lighter than the full fairing version (another mistake because the side and bottom fairings as well as mounting arms weigh more than 7 lbs), wet weights however are listed as being the same.

Not sure where the numbers come from; does dry weight include batteries and other 'ancillary' items? Would be nice if the industry would come up with a standarised test and force the manufacturers to all follow the same rules so consumers have real knowledge of what is going on.

So it's only a bit heavier than the er6, and only 200,000 baht more expensive, and only 20hp down in power.

But it has a wing on the tank... Gotcha...

So it's only a bit heavier than the er6, and only 200,000 baht more expensive, and only 20hp down in power.

But it has a wing on the tank... Gotcha...

Not forget: It is "Made In Japan" not "Made in Thailand" like yours whistling.gif