Knowledgeable Tv Members....

Chittychangchang

I love vinyl records. They are back in a big way, even new, and top notch vintage turntables are in high demand. The warmth of the analogue sound far surpasses digital.

For me, I collect vintage Schwinn bikes from the 50's and early 60's. I'm going to dispose of them next year when I retire to Thailand, but it's no problem. They sell fast on ebay and very good prices.

Front to back - 1965 Schwinn Jaguar. Last three are 1959 Jaguars. I have lots more.

Jags650-1.jpg

I love vinyl records. They are back in a big way, even new, and top notch vintage turntables are in high demand. The warmth of the analogue sound far surpasses digital.

For me, I collect vintage Schwinn bikes from the 50's and early 60's. I'm going to dispose of them next year when I retire to Thailand, but it's no problem. They sell fast on ebay and very good prices.

Front to back - 1965 Schwinn Jaguar. Last three are 1959 Jaguars. I have lots more.

I know where to buy penny farthing bicycles in Thailand.

WHAT?????? Are they repops, or actual 1800's bikes? Awesome!

Jags650-1.jpg

The front one doesn't seem to have visible brakes like the others,

Does it have a back pedal braking system?

The other 3 have the Sturmey Archer 3 speed rear hubs which don't have brakes in them - thus the caliper brakes. The front one in radiant coppertone has the kick back 2 speed which has the brake in the rear hub. When you start out it's in low gear. Stop pedaling for a split second and it will shift to high. Stop pedaling again as in coming to a stop and it will shift back into low. Pedal backwards and like most bikes it will engage the hub brake.

All of those bikes came stock with "candy apple" paint. There is a base coat of fine silver, and the color is translucent so that you "see" the silver base through it. The more coats you apply, the darker it gets. All of those bikes have original paint. The color coats are known to fade if left outside, so finding bikes now with good bright (what Schwinn called "radiant") paint is hard.

I recently bought a 1960 Speedster in Radiant Green, and here's a sample of that color. It's a single speed but I have all of the parts to convert it to a correct lever operated 2 speed with a hub brake. This bike is in unbelievable original condition for being 51 years old.

KGrHqFjcEuIWHWBQJqJh8l60_57.jpg

T2eC16NzUE9s389y-yBQJqKGSRmg60_57.jpg

KGrHqZjQEpdpVBQJqJyEZy60_57.jpg

Edited by NeverSure

I visited Tikal in the late 60's, fascinating place. Only way to get there at that time was by air. Besides my girlfriend and myself there were only archaelogists there, we were the only tourists.

I spent some time in the area 20 years ago. At that time there was a very rough road to access Flores from Belize. Kind of odd since at the time Guatemala and Belize were not on friendly terms, Guatemala insisting that Belize was just a wayward province. The first time I saw a Guatemalan government map it looked really odd, something didn't look right, until I realized that their map of Guatemala included Belize.

Belize is the former British possession that was known as British Honduras, for those who have not kept up on Central American geo-politics.

The Sarus Crane, Thailand's largest native was eradicated from the country by hunting. It survived in neighbouring Cambodia however.

It is now in the process of being reintroduced due to a government project under the Natural Resources and Environment Ministry. If you live in Buri Ram, Sra Kaew or Chonburi, you are most likely to see them as this is where the breeding centres are.

They are 1.5 metres from beak to tail, have a red face and upper neck and make a beautiful melancholy call over the reed beds and rice fields.

Does this qualfy?

• Like 1

So there you go – concrete proof that men are smarter than women. But before you go patting yourselves on the back, dudes, note that although women's brains are smaller, they have more nerve cells and connectors and work more efficiently than men's. And, true to the stereotype, they tend to process on the more “emotional” left side of the brain, while men process on the “logical” right. Also, an area known as the straight gyrus, responsible for nurturing, feminine traits, is proportionately larger in women. Does this mean there ARE indeed brain-related differences between the sexes? You WOULD think that, wouldn't you?!

• Like 1

So there you go – concrete proof that men are smarter than women. But before you go patting yourselves on the back, dudes, note that although women's brains are smaller, they have more nerve cells and connectors and work more efficiently than men's. And, true to the stereotype, they tend to process on the more “emotional” left side of the brain, while men process on the “logical” right. Also, an area known as the straight gyrus, responsible for nurturing, feminine traits, is proportionately larger in women. Does this mean there ARE indeed brain-related differences between the sexes? You WOULD think that, wouldn't you?!

Nope, it's the cleavage, top or bottom.

And you come across as being a little bit shouty, isn't that a human trait, male or female, that could be described as being a little bit annoying and quite detrimental to the point you were trying to make.

• Like 2

With 197, the Skywheel has more fluorescent tubes then the Skydiver. The 'diver looks like it has more then the

'wheel, but it only has 192. Sorry, that's not new, but it is sort of obscure.

Did I win anything?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I suppose I'll have to Google them now and then edit this post and say something like "Oh! You mean that Skydiver..."

Edit:

Oh my God, you're talking about Ferris wheels. What have they got to do with anything?

Edited by JetsetBkk

a pig has an average orgasm of 30 minutes!

I think its only fair that fat birds get a 30 min orgasm. They do try harder and it is their just reward. Remember also that after 5 pints, they all look good. tongue.png

Ahh..if only it were the same regarding men. Unfortunately too, they tend to get more boorish.

Talking of which.. have you been drinking?

I not going to disputing this point either way, however, assuming you arrived at that conclusion based upon this thread, what exactly actually lead you to it? blink.png

I think it's a relatively unfair conclusion if you are basing it upon this thread where only one female replied?!

Also here's my fact - a woman can probably kick a guy's ass quicker than you think if you test her patience or push her boundaries. thumbsup.gif

My knowledge isn't based solely on this thread, however some reply's to my post confirmed the facts. smile.png

I have to admit that I cheated a little, and got my knowledge updated by Google.

http://www.oddee.com/item_98246.aspx

It however confirms that men are smarter since they know how to use Google .biggrin.png

Edited by jbrain

I think it's a relatively unfair conclusion if you are basing it upon this thread where only one female replied?!

Also here's my fact - a woman can probably kick a guy's ass quicker than you think if you test her patience or push her boundaries. thumbsup.gif

My knowledge isn't based solely on this thread, however some reply's to my post confirmed the facts. smile.png

I have to admit that I cheated a little, and got my knowledge updated by Google.

http://www.oddee.com/item_98246.aspx

It however confirms that men are smarter since they know how to use Google .biggrin.png

The statements in that link are flawed.

For, although it suggests that a heavier brain = more intelligence (and as men in general have a 10% heavier brain, thus presumably more intelligence), it then goes on to state how light in weight Eisenstein head was. Surely it all boils down to how you use it. A larger pc, doesnt mean a faster CPU.

Considering, in all honesty, the worlds populous is fairly dumb, a 10% heavier brain, really is not that "weighty" in the global intelligence stakes in any case.

I personally have a fairly equally balanced left and right brain, with a small percentage leaning more to the left (there are tests that aim to measure this). I used to teach about the left side of the brain in regards to art and drawing (as lightweight as that sounds, it does actually train the left and right brain hemispheres).

Your statement was a cut and paste, and neither the original nor this one, seemed well thought out...and you failed to follow the stipulated rules.

Tskkkkkkkkkkkk!

Haha..sorry, retracting claws now..! tongue.png

Edited by eek

My first bike was a Daws double blue ,i went to buy it with my father and it was second hand ,then he baught me a bell for it ,but to be honest the cut out cardboard strips that went clackety clac when the wheels revolved made it sound like a motor bike ,i think i was eleven ,but cant remember what i was wearing at the time we baught it so it makes this thread not as interesting as it could be ,but i know when i rode it i had a pair of jeans . ,i will stop now ,but if you want to know more ,dont hesitate to ask.

i do like participating in these exciting discusions