Entitled To 30-Day Visa Waiver After Non-Immigrant Visa?

Nationality: New Zealand

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster :). My apologies if this question has already been answered!

I am currently in Thailand on a 3-month non-immigrant O type Visa (I've been working here as a volunteer). I've done two Visa runs to Laos so far to get a new Visa.

I intend to finish at my volunteering project just before the three months on my current Visa runs out, and go to either Laos or Bali for a short holiday. However, I would like to return to Thailand after about a week to come meet some friends and do a bit of travel before heading back home to New Zealand.

My question is: Am I able to exit the country and then return to Thailand and be entitled to the 30-day Visa waiver?

Or do I have to apply for a Tourist Visa while I am away?

Thanks in advance!

Going to Bali you will be flying back so 30 days, but going to Laos you'll probably cross overland (15 days) so a stop at the embassy in Vientiane beforehand, and an overnight stay for a tourist visa might be in order to cover the last of your trip.

I hope the volunteering was worthwhile for you. The visa you did have has no effect on coming back as a tourist, and getting a visa exemption stamp. As mentioned above how you enter determines the length of the stamp.

• Like 1