Fitch To Host Conference On Thailand's Rating Outlook

CONFERENCE

Fitch to host conference on Thailand's rating outlook

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Fitch Ratings (Thailand) Ltd will hold its annual conference in Bangkok on October 10, 2012, with focus on global economic and banking risks and the rating outlook for Thailand.

Kittirat Na-Ranong, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, will give the opening address. Joining the roundtable discussion on Thailand’s and the region’s growth opportunities and risks would be Pailin Chuchottaworn, president and CEO, PTT Plc; Chartsiri Sophonpanich, president of Bangkok Bank and Win Phromphaet, head of Global & Real Estate Investment, Social Security Office of Thailand. The discussion will be moderated by Vincent Milton, managing director of Fitch Ratings (Thailand).

David Riley, managing director, Sovereigns, Global Head of Sovereigns and Supranationals from Fitch’s London head office, will speak on global economic risks focusing on the euro crisis, the US and the rating outlook for Thailand.

Mark Young, managing director, Financial Institutions and Head of Bank Group Asia Pacific from Fitch’s Singapore regional office, will speak on Asia Pacific and Thai banks focusing on their increasing leverage.

Lertchai Kochareonrattanakul, senior director, Corporates, Head of Corporates, Fitch Ratings (Thailand) Limited will present Fitch’s view on Thai and regional oil & gas investment and the rating impact.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-04

It doesn't seem to matter so much what these rating agencys say. The markets seem to ignore them now.

Pension funds and others can't ignore them because they can only invest in funds/bonds that are above a certain rating. It also affect how a country can borrow. So the markets certainly take note of what they say. There is no way that they are ignored.

Let's simply cut to the chase and say that when a Thai at this level of authority gets put in the spotlight and begins to utter, and a foreigner makes the mistake of taking them too seriously, then the bullshit flies. These events are nothing but cannon fodder in the campaign for lunacy and self-indulgence. The elite make me want to vomit, with their over-indulgent airs, impotence, ass-kissing and rubbing elbows for self-gain and rampant ineffectiveness at getting the correct things accomplished. I cannot dismiss these views every time I read such reports as this over my lifetime and look at the history of worsening affairs.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Let's simply cut to the chase and say that when a Thai at this level of authority gets put in the spotlight and begins to utter, and a foreigner makes the mistake of taking them too seriously, then the bullshit flies. These events are nothing but cannon fodder in the campaign for lunacy and self-indulgence. The elite make me want to vomit, with their over-indulgent airs, impotence, ass-kissing and rubbing elbows for self-gain and rampant ineffectiveness at getting the correct things accomplished. I cannot dismiss these views every time I read such reports as this over my lifetime and look at the history of worsening affairs.

Wow ! Way to go cup-O-coffee!

clap2.gif

Edited by Asiantravel