True Vision Cartoon Channel No. 32

glanville63

I have a young daughter who, like most kids, watches cartoons on Thai TV. I'd be interested to know what other parents think about the type of material their children are being subjected to, when they switch to this channel. Some of the programmes are more suitable for adults, with characters being killed and crushed and others vomitting at the drop of a hat. Thai TV seems to be full of cencorship concerning smoking, alcohol and guns but the powers to be don't seem to realise the harm they might be doing to young children, allowing programmes such as this to be shown.

My son loves the Cartoon Network (channel 32) he is 3 and I must admit when he first started watching it I was undecided. But it's not really much different that Tom and Jerry or Road Runner that we were brought up on is it?

Silly cartoon are fine in my book, but I won't let him watch things like Ben 10 or Power Rangers types of cartoons that are just too focused on the fighting. JMO.

Or CBeebies, channel 150.

In the night garden

Telebubbies

Humf

Little Robots

There are even children's exercise and singing programmes and Mister Maker is very good for young arts and crafts making things.

We get Boom, which is CN’s sister station. Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry. Nothing wrong with that, I grew up on it and I’m relatively normal, and my two young girls love it. I also download Sesame Street, Sponge Bob, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are very educational. Sponge Bob is funny and usually has a good message.