Grisly Killings In Bangkok

webfact

I have a standing rule when getting acquainted with a Thai woman in a romantic way: If she jokes about killing me (finger dragged across the throat, ha ha), or cutting off my willie - I let it go the initial time with a stern warning that it's no joke. If she jokes about it a second time, I show her the door and she's out of my life.

Sounds like you hang out with very low-class women. But each to his own.

Nearly all Thai women do it with their bf's and husbands. see below.....

Was watching a stupid tv show about celebs last night, and the female presenter as a joke, put her hand across her throat to the fellow presenter and said "Dai nair", in some kind of playful jokey way. This threat of killing people, is given out all over the place in the media and jokes among kids here, but it is odd that it is such a common occurence. Even the All Blacks took flack for changing their haka. Making light of such issues as killing someone is a very strange trait here.

I have an acquaintance, who is a very friendly farmer who always smiles when he sees me, it's almost uncanny, but he has a child-like demeanor, so it's refreshing. So happens, he hangs out with a sheep farmer who I also know. The sheep farmer had been stealing from my rural properties at a steady clip. He's now in jail. But when I heard from the first guy that the thief was being let out, I told him v. clearly, that if he steals from me again, I'll..... (I drew my finger across my throat.) He saw I was dead serious, and his (the very friendly guy's) demeanor changed to very serious right at that instant. He understood.

When in Rome.......... Since then, nothing stolen, and the friendly guy keeps smiling and waving to me every time we pass on the dirt road.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a standing rule when getting acquainted with a Thai woman in a romantic way: If she jokes about killing me (finger dragged across the throat, ha ha), or cutting off my willie - I let it go the initial time with a stern warning that it's no joke. If she jokes about it a second time, I show her the door and she's out of my life.

Sounds like you hang out with very low-class women. But each to his own.

Nearly all Thai women do it with their bf's and husbands. see below.....

Was watching a stupid tv show about celebs last night, and the female presenter as a joke, put her hand across her throat to the fellow presenter and said "Dai nair", in some kind of playful jokey way. This threat of killing people, is given out all over the place in the media and jokes among kids here, but it is odd that it is such a common occurence. Even the All Blacks took flack for changing their haka. Making light of such issues as killing someone is a very strange trait here.

I have an acquaintance, who is a very friendly farmer who always smiles when he sees me, it's almost uncanny, but he has a child-like demeanor, so it's refreshing. So happens, he hangs out with a sheep farmer who I also know. The sheep farmer had been stealing from my rural properties at a steady clip. He's now in jail. But when I heard from the first guy that the thief was being let out, I told him v. clearly, that if he steals from me again, I'll..... (I drew my finger across my throat.) He saw I was dead serious, and his (the very friendly guy's) demeanor changed to very serious right at that instant. He understood.

When in Rome.......... Since then, nothing stolen, and the friendly guy keeps smiling and waving to me every time we pass on the dirt road.

Indeed, my daughter just walked off with my sons dinner plate, and he muttered "dai nair" right in front of me.

Lecture nearly finished. It is not something that should be trifled with as a phrase or motion.

Indeed, my daughter just walked off with my sons dinner plate, and he muttered "dai nair" right in front of me.

Lecture nearly finished. It is not something that should be trifled with as a phrase or motion.

it is indeed serious business to threaten someone with a depilatory product.

it translates a little more seriously than that.

i'm so fed up with the apologists both here and in pi ... sure there r many murders in other countries ...we just had a vicious murder in oz ....but surely here and in pi there has to be an acknowledgement that RIDICULOUS murders occur ....my german neighbour 20 years ago sold his house and was planning to return to germany with his thai wife .....he had the best house in the street ...he told his gardener of his plans and tried to get the new owner to keep him on...the new owner didnt want to ...so the german guy gave the gardener a very generous severance payment ...and invited him and his family to the farewell party ..attended by the street ...several days later the german and his wife and maid all found slaughtered .....the murderer .......the gardeners wife ..a chronic gambler who had blown the money and had gotten her BOYFRIEND ...to rob and extort the family and had strangled them with wire .....most expats have not got a clue about the jungle that is out there ..thai on thai ...and the ...up to budha mentality

Beyond believing you have lost the plot .... what Thai do you know that leaves things up to Buddha? Being so versed on Thais (vast majority Buddhists) then you should know Buddha is not a God or somebody guiding anybody's life anymore except through his past teachings and he certainly never controlled anyone's destiny or led people to believe the way they lived their lives wasn't under their own control and they shouldn't strive to do good.

• Like 1

i'm so fed up with the apologists both here and in pi ... sure there r many murders in other countries ...we just had a vicious murder in oz ....but surely here and in pi there has to be an acknowledgement that RIDICULOUS murders occur ....my german neighbour 20 years ago sold his house and was planning to return to germany with his thai wife .....he had the best house in the street ...he told his gardener of his plans and tried to get the new owner to keep him on...the new owner didnt want to ...so the german guy gave the gardener a very generous severance payment ...and invited him and his family to the farewell party ..attended by the street ...several days later the german and his wife and maid all found slaughtered .....the murderer .......the gardeners wife ..a chronic gambler who had blown the money and had gotten her BOYFRIEND ...to rob and extort the family and had strangled them with wire .....most expats have not got a clue about the jungle that is out there ..thai on thai ...and the ...up to budha mentality

Beyond believing you have lost the plot .... what Thai do you know that leaves things up to Buddha? Being so versed on Thais (vast majority Buddhists) then you should know Buddha is not a God or somebody guiding anybody's life anymore except through his past teachings and he certainly never controlled anyone's destiny or led people to believe the way they lived their lives wasn't under their own control and they shouldn't strive to do good.

w00t.gif Lost the plot? He seems so disgruntled, i doubt he lives here.

• Like 1

w00t.gif Lost the plot? He seems so disgruntled, i doubt he lives here.

No one lives here except me and George.smile.png

it translates a little more seriously than that.

http://www.naircare.com/

And what exactly were the yellows doing? You have to take your hat off to Sondhi, he did a great job, he knows how to whip a crowd up when he wants to, after that, the rest was mere poor imitation.

Yes red and yellow could equally qualify as cults in the framework of this post.

I always lived by the rule "Screw me once, shame on you, Screw me twice, shame on me" They don't get a second chance, turn them off like a light switch. I have lost several friends that if they did that, they would be alive today.thumbsup.gif

And what exactly were the yellows doing? You have to take your hat off to Sondhi, he did a great job, he knows how to whip a crowd up when he wants to, after that, the rest was mere poor imitation.

Yes red and yellow could equally qualify as cults in the framework of this post.

Does this include the ladies on the other side of the yellow line?