Need To Repair My Casio Ex-z55 Digital Camera

ballin

Hello. My LCD viewfinder on my Casio got hit and it needs to be replaced. Does anyone know a repair shop that I can go in Chon Buri or Si Racha or even Pattaya? I contaced the authorized Casio repair shop in Bangkok and they said I must have the orginal reciept of when I bought it, before they can repair it. Well I have no idea where this is and I hope there is some repair shop that can get this done for me. Thanks for your help.

Thai's have this funny idea that you expect the repair to be free.

That is why the Casio shop wants the receipt, then they will do the repair under guarantee.

Call them back and say you do not have the receipt and will be paying for the repair.

Ask for an approximate cost for the repair.

Check it will not more than the camera is worth.

I have always found to pays to use the authorised dealer for repairs.

Other shops will take weeks and say they cannot get spares, at the authorised centre there is no excuse.

Thai's have this funny idea that you expect the repair to be free.

That is why the Casio shop wants the receipt, then they will do the repair under guarantee.

Call them back and say you do not have the receipt and will be paying for the repair.

Ask for an approximate cost for the repair.

Check it will not more than the camera is worth.

I have always found to pays to use the authorised dealer for repairs.

Other shops will take weeks and say they cannot get spares, at the authorised centre there is no excuse.

Thanks for the information. Yes, the camera is way out of warrenty and I didn't expect it to be free. :o Actually I just got back from Lotus where they have a little camera shop there and they will send the camera to the Casio repair place in Bangkok for me. They dont' expect it to be over $100, which seems reasonable to me. They will get an estimate for me and give me a call before repairs are made. Again thanks for the reply.