Leather Workshop

blossombkk

Hi, I am lookibg for a leather sewing workshop where leather goods such as handbags could be manufactured for me. I have my own design and they should be able to produce a few hundreds items in a month.

If anybody is familiar, or could give me a clue to where to find a place of the sort I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

Blossom

I am in Bangkok. I've looked in the wongwanyai area and couldn't find any.

Rama IV road, just down from the Sukhumvit 40 entrance, as if you were heading back down on the Sukhumvit Road, there is a large leather shop, sells its own shoes, bags, jackets, next door to them is there workshop, with half of the waste produce from Macdonalds in there. They dont speak much English so take a Thai person along with you if your language skills are not up to the job

Hi, We have a small leather workshop close to Pak Kret. We don't do machine sewn handbags in our shop, but outsource sewing to a guy down the street. He doesn't have a large shop, but he does great work. He speaks some English and we aren't very far away if you need translation. Send me some information if you are interested in contacting him. Depending on how complicated what you need made is, he can produce large quantities.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hi, We have a small leather workshop close to Pak Kret. We don't do machine sewn handbags in our shop, but outsource sewing to a guy down the street. He doesn't have a large shop, but he does great work. He speaks some English and we aren't very far away if you need translation. Send me some information if you are interested in contacting him. Depending on how complicated what you need made is, he can produce large quantities.

Hi, thank you for your response. I live at Ekamai. It might be a very long way to get to Pak Kret. Do you know how and how long one gets there from the city?

Rama IV road, just down from the Sukhumvit 40 entrance, as if you were heading back down on the Sukhumvit Road, there is a large leather shop, sells its own shoes, bags, jackets, next door to them is there workshop, with half of the waste produce from Macdonalds in there. They dont speak much English so take a Thai person along with you if your language skills are not up to the job

Thank you, I'll give it a check.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, I'll give it a check.

Did you find it?

If you know could you link a map?

I can not found leather workshop

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I never checked back here after we connected. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. I know what you need for the backpack. Those would be easy. For a quote I would need to know what quality of leather, how thick, size of the square, and quantity. A small quantity would need to be made by hand slowly and a large quantity can be cut by machine very fast if we make a block.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe some people here can help.

I'm looking for natural leather pieces to do some work with. I need to be able to buy the different kinds of leather from a cow - shoulder leather, side and stomach leather etc..

In other words the real stuff not the snythetic leather that comes on a roll.

I understand that South East of BKK there's a town that processes a lot of leather for export but I have no idea if they sell pieces? I'm imagining they mostly do wholesale elsewhere. Thanks for any ideas.

The area to the southeast is tanneries. Most of them don't sell natural leather and none of them sell pieces. Close to the Wongwin Yai BTS stop is a good leather area to find what you need. Some shops sell scraps by weight. You can usually find natural scraps if you look around. If you can't find scraps you'll need to buy a whole side, they won't cut it. You'll pay 40-80 baht a square foot depending on the grade of leather. You'll also need to know how thick you need the leather to be.

The area to the southeast is tanneries. Most of them don't sell natural leather and none of them sell pieces. Close to the Wongwin Yai BTS stop is a good leather area to find what you need. Some shops sell scraps by weight. You can usually find natural scraps if you look around. If you can't find scraps you'll need to buy a whole side, they won't cut it. You'll pay 40-80 baht a square foot depending on the grade of leather. You'll also need to know how thick you need the leather to be.

Hi Heather and thanks for responding. It sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I'll check it out. Just curious if you do leather work or just happen to notice the leather there?