Any Budding Detectives About ?

For the past few weeks now on several occasions I have woken up to find mysterious splatters around the pool area and on the stairs up from the utility room. dark red in colour and look like blood splatters and normally 6-8 of them at a time. There are no overhanging roofs or trees and I am at a loss as to what is causing them. I wondered if anyone else has been getting them or if there was any amateur Sherlocks out there who may have an inkling as to what is causing them ? blink.png

Some pictures below. Cheers chaps biggrin.pngpost-164027-0-56111900-1350098409_thumb.

I only seem to be able to attach 1 of the 4 pictures as I jus get error 10? blink.png

Aw well will try again later

Sure look like blood.

However as a possibility.....I used to live on a wooden sailing yacht (yes I had a tough life) in Chichester Harbour.

Every year the same thing happened. Loads of swifts (or was it swallows) would hang around tha boatyard, probably the whole area, for a time, maybe passing through on migration. They would hang out in the rigging. The decks would get covered with lots of speckles of a dark blueish red smaller than yours but not dissimilar.

It came from them eating berries which were out at that time and pooping it out on the fly.

Maybe something like that?

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

Sure looks like blood, but then too it could be birds pooing... are there any red or even black fruits / berries, around the neighbourhood??? Mango-stein or Mulburry come to mind... although I don't think Mango-steins are in season right now(?).... but Mulberries are fruiting...and red or black in colour.

Sherlock-jimmy~ ! wink.png

Something has dropped into that position it has not rolled down the side of anything

I would suggest getting a paint brush hold it over some paper the find out the hight of which it has fallen

Measure the blob and compare or to your blobs that u shall make

I would suggest red pair right near the other blob and have a wet sponge ready

Also have I tried to take a sample of the blob to anaylise it

That could save you time

I used to have something son liar but I could let that it was the feet p am animal that had obviously cut its foot and walked blood every where

Normally when things drip and splash they make a scattered affect so what we this was if dropped from a hight would have to be quite sticky or or would have to have been droped from very low

Are there any red paint tins around

Have they been opened

U should look at it through a mani fine glasss mr homes

It could be blood from an animal and it is dropping off the side of it

Dog cat rat

Or have u seen the thing on aliens on Ubc

post-164027-0-92832800-1350103367_thumb.post-164027-0-91684000-1350103437_thumb.post-164027-0-02951700-1350103452_thumb.

I managed to upload the other pictures. As said no overhanging trees or roofs and nobody could walk about the place without the dogs going mental or the alarm going off. I thought birds at first but maybe just the one splatter with birds and not the bombardment that I get ?

Strange w00t.gif

Bird <deleted>. At the moment the mynah birds around my place are eating some sort of berries/fruit that gives them the trots and is a wierd red/purple colour and runny.

That's my thought anyway.

Do the finger test. Wet your finger, and rub it in the stuff. What does it taste like? whistling.gif

(Just kidding - the finger test that is.)

Some birds taken a dump around your pool area.

If you were lets say "caught in the crossfire" some locals would say its lucky.whistling.gif

But for me it just goes to show what an incredibly dangerous place this is. coffee1.gif

Not surprising given your luck with the birds. laugh.png

Bird <deleted>. At the moment the mynah birds around my place are eating some sort of berries/fruit that gives them the trots and is a wierd red/purple colour and runny.

That's my thought anyway.

Do the finger test. Wet your finger, and rub it in the stuff. What does it taste like? whistling.gif

(Just kidding - the finger test that is.)

Agree.

Any Budding Detectives

Deep Red color suggests blood, the splatter pattern doesn't indicate a drop height more than a couple of feet, no semi solids evident from the photos, no paw print smudges - most definitely paranormal activity. Contact your local shaman, sacrifice a pig and feed the whole village. :)

• Like 1

Birds droppings. I get the same. If you have a type of palm with a bunch of red fruit type growth, birds eat that then poop.

Also some trees have a type of fruit, birds again.

No need for Watson or anyone.

Why just the last few weeks though Rooo if it was birds surely I would have had this since I moved in years ago ? Same trees, I presume same birds and the pattern doesn't look right for birds either. Also bird crap has some fibrous material in it of some description. These have nothing but liquid.

I have lots of bats here. Vampires maybe blink.png

Why just the last few weeks though Rooo if it was birds surely I would have had this since I moved in years ago ? Same trees, I presume same birds and the pattern doesn't look right for birds either. Also bird crap has some fibrous material in it of some description. These have nothing but liquid.

I have lots of bats here. Vampires maybe blink.png

Absolutely. Same heer . Nothing for 5 years then bang. Some darker droppings then others, will try & get a pic of the offending palm.

Birds could have just discovered you've got the fruit.

This type of palm , if it's what you have, attracts the little tiny bees when the fruit is red., mostly in the morning.

Bat Crap .. ? or maybe they spit .... ?

Have similar on the side of my house when an overhanging tree has fruit ...from bats I think .

No overhanging trees anywhere near the splatters and no overhanging roofs. The nearest tree that is shedding fruit is maybe 20 meters away and is behind a two storey house. The berries are very small as well.

I was tending to go with the dogs theory but then thought that surely I would have seen the same thing before where they hang out near the carport.

No still a mystery for me at least. biggrin.png

Good Lord its beer O'çlock already wink.png

If you look at the picture with the multiple splatters there are several large and lots of small splatters. The pattern also doesn't look right for a flying bird and there isn't a roost of any sort above the splatters. I also have two large roofs next to the pool which are free from any splatters also. Surely if it was birds they would manage to hit one of the roofs at some time ?

If you look at the picture with the multiple splatters there are several large and lots of small splatters. The pattern also doesn't look right for a flying bird and there isn't a roost of any sort above the splatters. I also have two large roofs next to the pool which are free from any splatters also. Surely if it was birds they would manage to hit one of the roofs at some time ?

I think you will find it's the big spotty lizards that hang on your wall most active at night and when eat beetles or other things it's the blood from what they are chewing. Same my place normally around fluro light out side, I'm not home now when I come back will send a photo.

I have the same problem, my property sits on a rai of land which has tree's one of these tree's has a small type of fruit which the birds seem to love problem is when they pick the dam things from the tree the juice sometimes ends up on my terrace and even some of the windows but I can live with that as the marks come off easy enough at least there not dumping shit all over me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John I have never ever seen one of the big Geckos on the floor at anytime here. Plenty on the walls and ceilings but never on the floor. Also some of the splatters have obviously been dropped from a height and not simply deposited on the floor. They are of liquid content and simply wash away. I get Gecko droppings all the time, sometimes very big but they are more like rat droppings than this.

I have the same problem, my property sits on a rai of land which has tree's one of these tree's has a small type of fruit which the birds seem to love problem is when they pick the dam things from the tree the juice sometimes ends up on my terrace and even some of the windows but I can live with that as the marks come off easy enough at least there not dumping shit all over me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to say that these berries are so small that a bird can no doubt get 6 to 10 in its mouth or maybe more and when it is in flight they just much on the dam things they never seem to hit my roofs but only the windows and terrace I even had a couple of stains in the bottom of the pool yet I am not convinced it is the birds waste as it is not thick I believe it is the juices from the berry when they are breaking them with there beak.