Yingluck Hits Back At Charges Of Bankruptcy Resulting From Rice Scheme

webfact

Don Muang airport was under water with last years floods. Must therefore be an ideal spot to store rice. No problem I can see.

As to the trucks causing traffic jams, obviously the math is wrong. For a 24 hour day that's barely 21 trucks per hour,no problem at all given the airports wide open access routes and almost unused run ways to perform all those unloading manouvres. See? No problems here.

And 500 trucks averaging 10 tons capacity per truck, assuming there are no big articulateds or little Isuzu's involved gives you 5,000 tons per day of transport capacity. Again, no problems. Easy to ship that lot around. Still no problems I can see. All makes perfect sense...

Err...

(NURSE! My medication is wearing off! More Thorazine please!)

Once again posters are treating the PM as incompetent.

She is fully briefed on the issues, has formulated her own statement and is willing to defend her statement when questioned by the Opposition.

Or did I miss something?

How about recalcitrant? She should get directions, head over to parliament house, stand up in parliament and make her statement, and then she CAN be questioned by the Opposition.

And unlike in court, lying in Parliament has repercussions.

She is fully briefed on the issues, has formulated her own statement and is willing to defend her statement when questioned by the Opposition.

Or did I miss something?

How about recalcitrant? She should get directions, head over to parliament house, stand up in parliament and make her statement, and then she CAN be questioned by the Opposition.

We can but dream.

I liked the post a while back in another thread, where the poster was wondering if there was any legal means of forcing her to perform her role.

I have to assume there isn't. I'm sure Abhisit would have found it if there was

Or did I miss something?

recalcitrant? If the issue is as serious as you infer, perhaps it would have been raised by the opposition, for discussion and explanation in parliament, however unless I have misread the OP, the PM is responding to a comment that someone put on Facebook.

Or did I miss something?

recalcitrant? If the issue is as serious as you infer, perhaps it would have been raised by the opposition, for discussion and explanation in parliament, however unless I have misread the OP, the PM is responding to a comment that someone put on Facebook.

Rumour has it, the issue of huge amounts being lend to be able to spent it on price pledging (to make all farmers rich) is to be covered in the coming censure debate wink.png

Mind you, it would be more easy to really believe and support the PM if only a few more details would be made available as for sure those details would show ... eh ... Well, never mind, it's just my willingly donated taxmoney anyway whistling.gif

• Like 1

Or did I miss something?

I would have thought that as PM, any political statement she makes is something she can be accountable for.

Whether she's replying to a Facebook comment or not, she is paid to be performing her role 24/7. Whether she is or not is another debate, but 'if you can't stand the heat'

Nobody forced her to read the bit of paper she was given.

She'd better be careful, she might be publicly reading a restaurant menu at some time in the future

Or did I miss something?

I would have thought that as PM, any political statement she makes is something she can be accountable for.

Whether she's replying to a Facebook comment or not, she is paid to be performing her role 24/7. Whether she is or not is another debate, but 'if you can't stand the heat'

She'd better be careful, she might be publicly reading a restaurant menu at some time in the future

So where is it that she is not accountable? she replied to a "could" and a " possible"

Like I said, if it was an issue, I would have thought the opposition would have bought it up. Perhaps they might and the discussion takes place.

Whether she performs or not is another debate you say, so why the bit on the end.

I don't understand your reference to the reading of the menu, other than its probably got <deleted> all to do,with this thread.

So where is it that she is not accountable? she replied to a "could" and a " possible"

Like I said, if it was an issue, I would have thought the opposition would have bought it up. Perhaps they might and the discussion takes place.

Whether she performs or not is another debate you say, so why the bit on the end.

I don't understand your reference to the reading of the menu, other than its probably got <deleted> all to do,with this thread.

I'll keep it simple.

The PM probably just reads a script which would explain her unwillingness to debate her statements.

My attempt at wit, obviously wasted on some, was that she will get used to reading anything she is given.

Feel free to have your own opinions, but don't swear at me because you fail to understand things.

Toys back in pram please

Noistar

No worries. Now we say......probably reads script, so that would be, I really am not sure.

So......again, she was responding to a statement. How is that an unwillingness?

Your attempt at humour. Fair enough at least you had an attempt.

Finally........where did I swear at you?.

]So where is it that she is not accountable? she replied to a "could" and a " possible"

Try to understand that this PM does NOT attend parliament except on odd occasions and has NEVER participated in a parliamentary debate or answered questions. She has read a couple of statements considered unlikely to have been self-prepared.

Statements made outside the parliament can be spun as misreporting, taken out of context, BS, BS.....

In parliament it is recorded on Hansard or the Thai equivalent. Deliberately misleading parliament is grounds for dismissal.

]So where is it that she is not accountable? she replied to a "could" and a " possible"

Try to understand that this PM does NOT attend parliament except on odd occasions and has NEVER participated in a parliamentary debate or answered questions. She has read a couple of statements considered unlikely to have been self-prepared.

Statements made outside the parliament can be spun as misreporting, taken out of context, BS, BS.....

In parliament it is recorded on Hansard or the Thai equivalent. Deliberately misleading parliament is grounds for dismissal.

OK Mick, I take your word on your first paragraph. What you say in your second one I would agree with.

Rice pledging scheme, flood prevention budget, quarterly money laundering practices, I think just as Yingluk is getting comfortable with her position she will be brought crashing down by all the "fat cats" surrounding her !

Her party friends are trashing the house on a free for all binge which will only end in tears !

But, but, but, she is supposed to be in charge, you know as in actually dictating policy, not just watching from the sidelines as, as you say, the larder is raided.

I don't understand why anyone refers to this woman as a leader, she is clearly anything but.

Or did I miss something?

Yep, she's fully briefed with expert advice from the relevant ministries, and she still introduces market-distorting policies that have been debunked by economists world-wide for decades. Incompetent is a quite charitable term, all things considered.

But since nepotism and incompetence go hand in hand, its hardly surprising.

• Like 2

Noistar

No worries. Now we say......probably reads script, so that would be, I really am not sure.

So......again, she was responding to a statement. How is that an unwillingness?

Your attempt at humour. Fair enough at least you had an attempt.

Finally........where did I swear at you?.

I despair at the political situation in this country - if my post was interpreted due to its 'delivery' I apologise. Btw the use of f..k I feel is unnecessary in a post, but that's just me.

Any Democracy where a Government leader fails to attend, let alone debate, would surely be seen as lacking.

Posters ram down our throats about this is a Democracy, democratically elected and performing its mandate, but the ruling party's interpretation seems to be selective, to say the least.

My opinion remains. She has no independent thought and is only wheeled out to read statements which allow "the PM ........." stories to appear.

• Like 1

The premier brushed aside Mr Thirachai's criticism on the country's huge public debt from the government's policy, saying it is merely temporary debt which will be paid after revenue is generated from selling rice.

Two things here. for one it seems unlikely the amount recovered will be close to the amount spent. Secondly this statement of the PM is ignoring the fact that most of the budget goes to millers/middleman and not to farmers and an (yet unknown) amount is simply disappearing

Of course this government with all it's openness will really soon now report details on how the THB 400 billion is being spent, and what amount are recovered by G2G deals and releasing to exporters, local market. Real soon now

Perfect, absolutely perfect, so true and correct.... Excellent reply.....

Kerry

The premier brushed aside Mr Thirachai's criticism on the country's huge public debt from the government's policy, saying it is merely temporary debt which will be paid after revenue is generated from selling rice.

Two things here. for one it seems unlikely the amount recovered will be close to the amount spent. Secondly this statement of the PM is ignoring the fact that most of the budget goes to millers/middleman and not to farmers and an (yet unknown) amount is simply disappearing

Of course this government with all it's openness will really soon now report details on how the THB 400 billion is being spent, and what amount are recovered by G2G deals and releasing to exporters, local market. Real soon now

Is it just possible that some of the 'missing' (or shall we say unaccounted for) money is no longer in Thailand?

Having to use this large, inner city warehouse makes me wonder is going to happen next year. Storing rice means there is a huge stockpile of unsold rice. Unless it sells fairly quickly, where are they going to store next years crop? Can't buy rice if there is nowhere to put it. Does this mean that farmers will face ruin next year due to (a) low prices as there is a glut, or (B) we can't buy it as we have no place to put it?

Referring to a Facebook comment page by former finance minister Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala who said the government’s controversial rice scheme and other populist policies could have an extremely negative impact on Thailand’s economy and will possibly plunge the country into a Greek-like financial crisis.

The financial crisis doesn't really affect the Greeks, but Germany, France and some other countries who're paying their bills, reffering to a Facebook comment of Angela Merkel....wai2.gif

Referring to a Facebook comment page by former finance minister Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala who said the government’s controversial rice scheme and other populist policies could have an extremely negative impact on Thailand’s economy and will possibly plunge the country into a Greek-like financial crisis.

The financial crisis doesn't really affect the Greeks, but Germany, France and some other countries who're paying their bills, reffering to a Facebook comment of Angela Merkel....wai2.gif

I doubt you will find a Greek citizen who will agree with this.

It is affecting them most, but ALSO Germany and France.

Edited by animatic