Chemo And Radiotherapy ( Cancer ) In Chiang Mai

Ketje

Hi everybody,

I am in Europe for a month for medical examinations and an MRI revealed a tongue cancer.

A biopsy is scheduled on October 24th then I'll fly back home (CNX).

I still don't know exactly what the treatment will be ( Chemo or Radio .. or both ), but I wish to know if any of you have heard about Chemo and/or Radiotherapy in Cnx.

I've heard about Sripat providing this treatment but I have no idea how qualified they are.

Thank you very much for any help you could provide me with !

Marc

Hi Sheryl,

Thank you for your answer.

That's what my doc here in Belgium suggested me to do either.

My main cioncern is : does Sripat have good radiotherapy technicians as the main point in radiotherapy is calibrating, aiming, ...

( they have to focus the radioactive beam extremely precisly on the tumor )

Have a nice day

Marc

It may not be in Sripat exactly as Sripat is a sort of private wing for outpatient consultation with docs on the staff of the CMU (Maharajnakorn) Hospital. But The hospital definitiely has this, it is a tertiary care facility with full cancer services.

Once you know exactly what you need in terms of chemo and/or radiation you can make an appointment with an oncologist at Sripat and take it from there. Chances are for the actual treatment you will have to go to the main hospital, the first time will be a bit daunting (red tape, crowded, long waits and hard to figure out where to go as signs and forms are in Thai etc) so bring a Thai speaker with you. Once you are registered in the appropriate clin ic(s) it will be much easier for subsequent visits.

The hospital definitiely has this, it is a tertiary care facility with full cancer services.

Great ! Thanks a lot for the confirmatiom Sheryl !!!

Once you know exactly what you need in terms of chemo and/or radiation you can make an appointment with an oncologist at Sripat and take it from there. Chances are for the actual treatment you will have to go to the main hospital, the first time will be a bit daunting (red tape, crowded, long waits and hard to figure out where to go as signs and forms are in Thai etc) so bring a Thai speaker with you. Once you are registered in the appropriate clin ic(s) it will be much easier for subsequent visits.

I will definitively follow your advise,Sheryl

It would not be daunting as I speak and read Thai.

Thanks again for your help and advises, I really appreciate !

Marc

Yep, Suan Dork (Maharaj aka CMU hospital) definitely has a good oncology department. I used to help out as a technical consultant on their radiation (x-ray) treatment systems. They upgraded their system a few years ago to a more state of the art machine, our research lab inherited their old one. Also, my wife's sister is currently going through chemotherapy there.