How Not Get Your Visa And Wp Cancelled When Changing Jobs

I have always been on a non Imm B with WP. I am wanting to take a new job at another company in a different province than my current WP is issued from. I sort of feel like I am divorcing one woman and marrying another, I know there will be some hard feelings once the word gets out.

What is the best visa and WP strategy? Do I place the new outfit on my WP and then remove the old company or what? How does that actually work? Should/can I do this myself or is this done in concert with the new employer?

Basically I do not want to jeopardize security for my wife and children by taking the wrong course of action.

Edited by BigA

I have always been on a non Imm B with WP. I am wanting to take a new job at another company in a different province than my current WP is issued from. I sort of feel like I am divorcing one woman and marrying another, I know there will be some hard feelings once the word gets out.

What is the best visa and WP strategy? Do I place the new outfit on my WP and then remove the old company or what? How does that actually work? Should/can I do this myself or is this done in concert with the new employer?

Basically I do not want to jeopardize security for my wife and children by taking the wrong course of action.

Different province so you will get a new WP book anyway. The only thing it will mater is your visa. If you have a extension of stay based on business. Then you (if foreign... wife and kids too) will have 7 days to leave the country. However you can also just apply for the extension of stay based on business with the new company during that 7 day period. ( then no need to leave)

So apply for the second work permit before quitting the 1st job. Then apply for the new extension of stay after you quit.

By the way, if this was the same province, you must do the same as above unless you worked for both employers for 6 months. Under 6 months, the Immigration will frown if you have the extension for the 1st company while having a WP for the second job ( which may not meet the criteria) and you have quit the 1st job.

Up to a month ago, it was allowed. Now the Labor Dept and Immigration feels it is too creative and they have been tricked by the client knowing he was going to quit the 1st company. They issue the extension of stay on the basis they qualified for the 1st company.

In your case, you have to get a new extension of stay and new work permit because of the different province.

www.lawyer.th.com

Different province so you will get a new WP book anyway. The only thing it will mater is your visa. If you have a extension of stay based on business. I do Then you will have 7 days to leave the country. Bummer However you can also just apply for the extension of stay based on business with the new company during that 7 day period. Gee I hope this works out ( then no need to leave)

So apply for the second work permit before quitting the 1st job. OK Then apply for the new extension of stay after you quit. If this works out great!

In your case, you have to get a new extension of stay and new work permit because of the different province. No Problem I see the logic, I hope there are as few of snags as possible

www.lawyer.th.com

Thanks in advance SBA particularly if this turns out to be good advice.

Thanks in advance SBA particularly if this turns out to be good advice.

We have other offices in other provinces so if your company wants, we can handle this.

Regardless even if they have an in house lawyer. The above is good advice and will work. Just have the lawyer follow the steps and you will be ok.

www.lawyer.th.com

How much different is the process when just changing the location of the same employer? Are there special rules for the Bangkok metropolitan area (moving between Bangkok and Nonthaburi province)? I'm wondering what we have in store for ourselves when we move our limited company to a new residence...