Pr Applying For Work Permit How?

Hey Everyone!

Iam currently a Permanent Resident of Thailand and I need to get a work permit. How do I get started?

Can I apply for a work permit before job hunting, or do I need to be accepted into the company first then apply?

All help is a appreciated.

Looking forward to your replies! Many thanks :D!

Are you a Permanent resident in Thailand, ie you live here full time , or do you have Permanent residency in Thailand ?

I think the former, so for a work permit you need to have a job offer first and then the employer will arrange the paperwork to apply for your work permit. In theory you cannot start work until your work permit is processed, but normally you will start work while your permit is processed.

Can I ask, why do you NEED a work permit if you don't have a job or job offer ?

Also, the process may include further steps depending what visa / visa extension you are on

• Like 1

If you have PR I thought you didn't need a WP? I thought you were treated as a Thai citizen for the most part, and didn't have to deal with all the bs the rest of us have to endure.

Permanent Residents still require work permits - only Thai citizens can work without one.

Hi yes, I live here full time, though I was out of the country for education for a couple of years. So, have to come back every year to renew my PR, which is a pain.

And ya, I've decided that I would like to work in Thailand, so... had a look around google and found out, PR actually need Work Permit X_X.

Well, thankyou so much everyone! Really appreciate all of your replies :) !