Yangon For Thai Tourist Visa

Has anyone recently applied for a Tourist visa in Yangon? I found a site that said it can be done but it's about a year old and I know how things can change. http://migrationology.com/2011/05/thai-visa-in-yangon-burma-myanmar/

Unfortunately the Thai Embassy site for Yangon is lacking info (ha, no surprise there).

I'm going to be travelling in Myanmar for a couple of weeks (starting Dec 19) and thought I'd start off in Yangon, primarily to apply for a new Thai visa.

If I can get a visa, double entry possible?

Much appreciated!!

• Like 1

I think I recall reading that TVF has a forum now on Burma, maybe 2 months ago I saw this. I may be wrong.

Thanks... I'll look around. I did some searches and found nothing but travel tips....which will be helpful but not what I'm looking for :)

I think I recall reading that TVF has a forum now on Burma, maybe 2 months ago I saw this. I may be wrong.

Thanks... I'll look around. I did some searches and found nothing but travel tips....which will be helpful but not what I'm looking for smile.png

I just noticed at the bottom of some pages here other portals, but they are all places in Thailand, Chaing Mai, Phuket, etc. so now I'm wondering where I saw what? Im still thinking it had to do with TVF and Burma, for some reason, but I may be totally off track here, and apologize for that. Mario or Lopburi would be more knowledgeable than me.

Edited by Colabamumbai

VOA (Visa on Arrival) is available, but the government web portal isn't operational.

There are several companies which can arrange this for you, but there are fees involved.

If you are going to be in Bangkok for a few days, it will be cheaper to go and apply for a tourist visa yourself. Cheapest is a second day turn-around costing THB810. Next day collection costs THB1050

For same day express issue (you will need to show your flight details, or have a good explanation as to why you need a same-day issue) the cost is THB1240

There is a dedicated Myanmar forum here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/165-myanmar-forum/

There are Visas and Travel sub-forums, and plenty of useful information. Also the mods on the Myanmar Forums are awesome. thumbsup.gif

If you still need a VOA (eg it is not convenient or possible for you to get to Bangkok to arrange yourself, or you don't have time) - then PM me for the details of a company which I use. They are Yangon based and reliable - and they can arrange a Visa On Arrival for you to be waiting at Yangon airport. Cost is USD$70

cheers

SVB

mowgus - just saw in your OP that you will also be applying for a Thailand tourist visa in Yangon.

I have had several issued there - recently been getting double entry 60 days without a problem.

If you PM me, I'll send you their details and a copy of the form you will need.

cheers

SVB

• Like 2

VOA (Visa on Arrival) is available, but the government web portal isn't operational.

There are several companies which can arrange this for you, but there are fees involved.

If you are going to be in Bangkok for a few days, it will be cheaper to go and apply for a tourist visa yourself. Cheapest is a second day turn-around costing THB810. Next day collection costs THB1050

For same day express issue (you will need to show your flight details, or have a good explanation as to why you need a same-day issue) the cost is THB1240

There is a dedicated Myanmar forum here: http://www.thaivisa....-myanmar-forum/

There are Visas and Travel sub-forums, and plenty of useful information. Also the mods on the Myanmar Forums are awesome. thumbsup.gif

If you still need a VOA (eg it is not convenient or possible for you to get to Bangkok to arrange yourself, or you don't have time) - then PM me for the details of a company which I use. They are Yangon based and reliable - and they can arrange a Visa On Arrival for you to be waiting at Yangon airport. Cost is USD$70

cheers

SVB

Hi SVB,

The VOA service you are using are they able to arrange visas for Thais as well as Europeans?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few PM's regarding this.

I am attaching the actual Thailand Tourist Visa form given to me by the Thai Embassy in Yangon.

Their email address is thaiembassyygn at gmail com (you figure it out smile.png )

The email I received from them last time:

Basic Documents required:

1. passport which validity is no less than 6 months

2. visa application form completely filled in

3. 2 recent color photos (3.5x4.5 cm)

4. invitation letter (if any)

5. confirmed round trip air ticket

6. 40USD visa fee

Additional documents for first-time application/holder of new passport

1. letter of employment (for employee) or company registration (for business owner)

2. invitation letter (if any)

3. evidence of sufficient financial means to visit Thailand

(estimately 800 USD/person) or prove of properties or letter from guarantor.

4. Copy of previous passport (if any)

Additional documents for applicant who has had extension of stay or many entries to Thailand

1. letter of employment (for employee) or

2. company registration (for business owner) or

3. Guarantee/invitation letter from company in Thailand

*Please also note that Consular Officer reserves the right to request addition documents or interview as necessary*

Office hours: 9.00 - 11.00 hrs. Mon - Friday.

Royal Thai Embassy

------------------------------------------

NOTE: The $40 fee applies to a SINGLE ENTRY. I paid $80 for my double entry.

Hope this helps anyone considering applying for a visa in Yangon.

cheers

SVB

Visaapplicationform.pdf

• 4 months later...