Thai Watsadu Phetchabun

stoneyboy

This is i am told what is being built on the 21 just up from the new Makro,I believe there is one in Phitsanulok and that its mainly building products and home DIY,anyone have any info,I've not been to the one in Phitsanulok,is it likely to make my weekly shop any more exciting ?

If its the same as the two Ubon Watsadu stores then it is entirely building products, DIY and gardening, plus some household products (cleaning materials etc). Pretty comprehensive compared to Home Pro and Home Hub if Ubon is anything to go by and more equivalent to Global House if Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen are anything to go by. Comprehensive in this context means huge quantities of the same thing in different makes and sizes but actually not a massive product range (compared to equivalent big sheds in the UK). Close to Mecca nonetheless if you are into fixing things up!

If it is comparable to the one in Phitsanulok it will be fantastic. Massive floor space with all the tools and building items you won't find anywhere in Phetchabun. Far better than even a Home Pro for DIY. It's like a Home Depot in the US.

Thai Watsadu is a definite thumbs-up if you like doing the fixinup' around the house. It's a

place where I make a point of carrying only enough money to pay for what I need otherwise

I am likely to spend whatever money I have with me. Enjoy.

Maybe it's me I went to Whatsadu today and found it in a word "Crap" bit's of this bit's of that cheap and nasty pile it high and sell it well not so cheap.

Spent 2 hour's there so gave it a try ended up buying a S/Steel draining spoon sold every ware for the same price. Then went off to Home pro and spent around 4,000bt on thing's that had a bit of quality. EG Whatsabu had just what I wanted corner unit's to go in the shower room except they were chrome and priced around 500bt a go.

H/Pro had the same type of thing but better in S/Steel for 700bt my reasoning S/S will last forever in shower, chrome a matter of month's till it go's rusty. Another thing I notice was their range of tool's copy type Stanley one's with Yellow lable's same as Stanley I had a close look at their hammers and the head's were going rusty I think you have got my drift by now. Will I be rushing back well hopefully never.

N/B don't go near their flat pack furniture.

Edited by fredob43

• 2 weeks later...

So you found an item that was lower quality than HomePro and hate the place for it. While I agree galvanized is stupid and I too would have passed on that, you must not be that much of a DIY person or you might have noticed Watsadu has hundreds of things HomePro or anywhere else around does not have at all. It would be a long night if I tried to list all the amazing things I found there that I had given up on finding in Thailand. They even have an entire lane dedicated to just safety equipment, quite remarkable. Also things like Stanley tools can be substantially cheaper than the identical one sold at HomePro. I have bought many things at HomePro but at times their quality can be too low. I looked at their outdoor lights and found them as thin and flimsy as an aluminum can and also saw low quality ones at Watsadu. I ended up buying solidly built ones at a lighting specialty store in Bangkok. I welcome all of the new superstores. Makro is great, Watsadu will be too.

So you found an item that was lower quality than HomePro and hate the place for it. While I agree galvanized is stupid and I too would have passed on that, you must not be that much of a DIY person or you might have noticed Watsadu has hundreds of things HomePro or anywhere else around does not have at all. It would be a long night if I tried to list all the amazing things I found there that I had given up on finding in Thailand. They even have an entire lane dedicated to just safety equipment, quite remarkable. Also things like Stanley tools can be substantially cheaper than the identical one sold at HomePro. I have bought many things at HomePro but at times their quality can be too low. I looked at their outdoor lights and found them as thin and flimsy as an aluminum can and also saw low quality ones at Watsadu. I ended up buying solidly built ones at a lighting specialty store in Bangkok. I welcome all of the new superstores. Makro is great, Watsadu will be too.

I assume your refering to my post. Not coming for the USA I cant comment on Home Depot, but having re read my post I cant see any ware I mentioned galvanised, I think the word I used was crome a totally different kettle of fish. The depot I looked in was also the one at Pitsanulok and yes it did have an abundance of goodies 90% being cheap and nasty. Let's just take their pre packed furniture I wouldn't put my dog in any of them, and as far as their safety bit's are concerned how do you know that any of them will work ??? You even commented that you found better outside light's in BKK not to good a recommendation for either place, was one of the amazing thing's you found there was their rusty hammer's per chance ??? I also fail to see what Makro has got to do with either as they don't sell tool's or a large range of home products except for some electrical bit's, then you go on to say that Whatsadu will be good too, just like to ask how long we will have to wait for same ???.

N/B Have been in the building game all my life so I think I'm a fare judge of quality and am sorry to say that in my estimation Whatsadu has a long way to go.

All the above are just my thought's of course some peep's like the place but I cant for the love of me think why.

Edited by fredob43

I've been playing golf at the Army Barracks for several years now, we used to come out the Barracks turn right and apart from the odd LEO stop used to come straight home.

Now we have Big C, Lotus, Makro and this new wat-to-do place in Phetch City, never going to get home.

Just saying that compared to HomePro, Watsadu has the same items at better prices and also more types of products. I am not defending the poor quality and I myself prefer high quality goods. But since Watsadu opened I find myself rarely going to HomePro anymore and used to go there often. If I must have something of high quality I'll definitely look in HomePro first, usually be disappointed, then end up going to Bangkok or import what I need from abroad.

I have already been to the one in Plok,but only for a short while didnt really have a good look,today i went to my local one in Phetchabun and had a good nose around,considering the alternatives here in Pbun i can genuinely say its a decent shop for the area,some things may not be the best quality but if you are into DIY or are building a house ect etc it has all one needs,i purchased a couple of very comfortable chairs for my porch and am completely satisfied,its likely i will be back in the near future.

That's good to hear. It might be worth mentioning that a Global House just opened in Phitsanulok Dec 1st. This outlet has a reputation of carrying very fine quality goods. I don't know about household goods but someone told me their tools are contractor quality. Should we be excited? I don't know, but hope have a look soon. Just when Phetchabun gets a Watsadu, we get one by upped by Phitsanulok the very next day!

Anyone know where the Tesco Lotus Extra is located?

It's further down from the Global House,I found it by chance when I went to Plok immigration on Wednesday,on the 117, it's very large and could offer some extra alternatives to what's currently available here in Pbun.

Lotus Facebook Link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tesco-Lotus-Phitsanulok-2/139192546186101

post-118612-0-34228600-1355278620_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where the Tesco Lotus Extra is located?

It's further down from the Global House,I found it by chance when I went to Plok immigration on Wednesday,on the 117, it's very large and could offer some extra alternatives to what's currently available here in Pbun.

Lotus Facebook Link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tesco-Lotus-Phitsanulok-2/139192546186101

Hi Stoneyboy, Google maps can't find Global Home in Phisanulok (as an alternative to Thaiwatsadu). Their own map is confusing. Are the buildings in the centre of the attached Google map the Global Home store?

post-77561-13586004692354_thumb.jpg