Ais Official Jelly Bean

2unique

Assuming an SGS3, the DTAC (and TrueMove) versions would be I9300T, and as near as I can determine there has not been a 4.1.1 release for the I9300T yet.

AIS would likely have sold an I9300, which has a 4.1.1 release for THL

I would attribute this more to Samsung than DTAC.

But I'm still not sure what model you're talking about.

post-9615-0-32668100-1352114867_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

Maybe just wait a few days?

The I9300 (official, for THL) release has been out for at least 3 weeks and people are just getting it now.

You can check the site I linked, and flash yourself as soon as it is released.

Is there some desperate need to upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1? Is there some feature in 4.1.1. you require?

Maybe just wait a few days?

The I9300 (official, for THL) release has been out for at least 3 weeks and people are just getting it now.

You can check the site I linked, and flash yourself as soon as it is released.

Is there some desperate need to upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1? Is there some feature in 4.1.1. you require?

I feel the need, the need for speed...

Nope and actually haven't even rooted my S3 as thought I'd tick along nicely on stock until Jelly Bean

http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/

Apart from the obvious performance improvements:

Android 4.1, Jelly Bean

Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, is the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of Android 4.0, and introduces a new Google search experience on Android.

• Everything in Jelly Bean feels fast, fluid, and smooth. Moving between home screens and switching between apps is effortless, like turning pages in a book.
  • Jelly Bean features improved performance throughout the system, including faster orientation changes, faster responses when switching between recent apps, and smoother and more consistent rendering across the system through vsync and triple buffering.
  • Jelly Bean has more reactive and uniform touch responses, and makes your device even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it to improve battery life.

That link describes everything else.

I've been using 4.1.1 for nearly three months. Yes it's an improvement over 4.0.x. Has my life been somehow altered? Eh. Is it quite as dramatic as it is portrayed on the linked Google website? Eh.

The OP could flash a stock I9300 ROM if he didn't want to wait. It might even perform better than the I9300T ROM?

Edited by lomatopo

I've been using 4.1.1 for nearly three months. Yes it's an improvement over 4.0.x. Has my life been somehow altered? Eh. Is it quite as dramatic as it is portrayed on the linked Google website? Eh.

The OP could flash a stock I9300 ROM if he didn't want to wait. It might even perform better than the I9300T ROM?

What do you mean by flash i am new to android all help welcome

Manufacturers of Android smartphones or tablet devices often get blamed for the late rollout of new versions of the operating system, but it can often be down to the individual carriers for holding the updates up

PopHerald are reporting that they have been tipped off that the Jelly Bean update will be arriving for AT&T users next week, and will be the Android 4.1.2 version of Jelly Bean as well.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/11/08/samsung-galaxy-s3-jelly-bean-4-1-2-update-may-hit-att-any-day/

In some markets service providers subsidize, brand, market, sell, service, support phone models and have custom software with branded applications. AT&T in the U.S. adds a ton of extras onto any phone they subsidize, so it may take the a while to develop, QA and roll-out a release. Obviously, with a gazillion customers they have be a bit more careful.

I think AIS sold a generic I9300, maybe with some separate stand-alone bloatware/apps.

I think DTAC and TrueMove H sold the generic Telstra I9300T so they may be waiting on either/both Samsung/Telstra to QA the release before rolling it out to their customers. I've looked at an I9300T closely and do not see any, in this case DTAC, bloatware.

AFAIK the I9300 and I9300T hardware is similar with any 850 MHz tuning for the T done in firmware so a 9300 THL 4.1.1 ROM should work fine on an I9300T. Maybe better. wink.png

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info, not in any hurry for this update so will wait for the OTA. Cant be bothered messing around with my phone for a non-critical update.

Agree, if it's 4.12 bonus, if not its no biggie. Initially I thought it was dtac lagging AIS which becomes annoying (roaming alliance, 3gb v 2gb on contract) but as its due to the "T" one waits.

Sent from Android please allow errors in type or judgment.

• 1 month later...

Good news Jelly Bean has reached the "T" models.

Just installed via OTA 2 minutes ago..

4.1 or 4.2 that just arrived OTA ?

4.1.1 no Premium Suite functionality such as multiscreen etc

4.1.1 no Premium Suite functionality such as multiscreen etc

Not sure but I think I like "Multi-Window"? thumbsup.gif

Now that's cheeky.. Can that be loaded on its own?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...