How Much For Rent?

mccw

I have a 3 brm 3bath fully furnished detached house in a land and house moo Baan in San Sai/ Mae Jo about 15-25 minutes from the old city. Beautiful neighborhood . Two security checkpoints to my house. 30 baht a day extra Club house privileges with pool, jacuzzi, sauna, treadmills, weight machine and free weights. Modern kitchen with oven and stove. Extractor fan above stove. Washing machine, AC in master bedroom and living room only and two car carport, completely fenced with moderate garden/yard. I just rented it for a year for 18000 baht a month. Many people I talk to say I got beat. Now I am wondering if I am paying too much. Any input?

People say you got beat because there are tons of 5-10k baht houses of similar size out that way. But what it comes down to is the quality of the furnishings, security, and amenities versus these other places.

Yes, I have a two bedroom bungalow 5km from the city for 7000B/month, but my friend who has a 2 bedroom bungalow a few hundred metres down the road, paying 10,000B a month, has a much better deal. Much nicer garden and furnishings, water tank and pump and two extra air con units.

Well, I had a really nice house to rent with spectacular views, should have been worth 25K but offerred it for 20K and no takers. Soon realised oversupply of rentals (as well as a change in CM renter financial demographics) as 5 years ago would have gone easy. Ended up selling for a good price instead. There is an oversupply of properties and rental prices have fallen dramatically below what they should be. Good properties are going for a pittance, so renters enjoy what should last for a while.

Also notice commercial properties increasing in price very dramatically, this is inflationary in the longer term for obvious reasons so maybe the cost of living will eat away on the rent savings.

I have a 3 brm 3bath fully furnished detached house in a land and house moo Baan in San Sai/ Mae Jo about 15-25 minutes from the old city. Beautiful neighborhood . Two security checkpoints to my house. 30 baht a day extra Club house privileges with pool, jacuzzi, sauna, treadmills, weight machine and free weights. Modern kitchen with oven and stove. Extractor fan above stove. Washing machine, AC in master bedroom and living room only and two car carport, completely fenced with moderate garden/yard. I just rented it for a year for 18000 baht a month. Many people I talk to say I got beat. Now I am wondering if I am paying too much. Any input?

You are paying double the going rate.

3 bed in SanSai about 6k, add a bit more if nicely furnished.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I can't believe that every 3 bed house in Sansai is identical, one could be 80 sqm and another could be 480sqm with a pool.

I can't believe that every 3 bed house in Sansai is identical, one could be 80 sqm and another could be 480sqm with a pool.

all that "2/3/4 etc. beds" sounds "my piece of string is quite long but cheaper than yours".

I remember visiting my friend about 2 years ago who's doing research at CMU. His studio on Ninmmahemin on Soi 11(not sure), about 30 sq meters, cost him B5,500. The complex also had a swimming pool and good view of the mountain. It's on the opposite side of the street where Monkey Club is. I guess rent must be different now considering its location.

Sounds like Baan Thai.

Not if he's in Nuntana/Cholada, he isn't. The going rate for three bath is 15-20k and up. The ones under 10k are the 2 bathroom cubes or single-storey places.

Comparing L&H with Sansai would be akin to comparing prices in London's Bloomsbury with Shoreditch, or Hackney even. giggle.gif

Edited by jackr
  • Like 1

it really depends on the interior. modern kitchen with proper oven and stove is brilliant. i would think a house with modern design would cost alot. i spent more than 6 months finding a ideal house within the budget between 15-35k but none come with a proper counter top or oven. none . . infact many of the living room i seen look like a garage with tv, chair.

• Like 1

I remember visiting my friend about 2 years ago who's doing research at CMU. His studio on Ninmmahemin on Soi 11(not sure), about 30 sq meters, cost him B5,500. The complex also had a swimming pool and good view of the mountain. It's on the opposite side of the street where Monkey Club is. I guess rent must be different now considering its location.

Sounds like Baan Thai.

Not if he's in Nuntana/Cholada, he isn't. The going rate for three bath is 15-20k and up. The ones under 10k are the 2 bathroom cubes or single-storey places.

Comparing L&H with Sansai would be akin to comparing prices in London's Bloomsbury with Shoreditch, or Hackney even. giggle.gif

Yes I am in Cholada. Thanks that makes me feel better that I am in the price range.

it really depends on the interior. modern kitchen with proper oven and stove is brilliant. i would think a house with modern design would cost alot. i spent more than 6 months finding a ideal house within the budget between 15-35k but none come with a proper counter top or oven. none . . infact many of the living room i seen look like a garage with tv, chair.

The living room has vaulted ceilings a big plus for me as I like the space. Plenty of windows and lots of light including screened double sliding doors that leads to a patio and garden. But not all models of the same house are the same. I saw an A ++ version of this model at another and similar Moo Baan near Hang Dong. It was gorgeous. The garden was a work of art. But the kitchen was a mix of Thai and modern a stove top but no oven. But maid and gardening service included. 18000 baht. One car carport.

Another of the same model in Nuntana/Cholada was going for 15000 baht. Partly furnished and dirty walls and poor garden and not well maintained. Being there bothered my asthma. I passed.