Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet A Good Girl Here In Thailand?

SiameseCurios

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested, but what do people define as a "good girl"?

Expect everyone will have different wants. But what are they?

i will take the bait,virgin,good family,simple if not great job,great job all the better,honest,trustworthy, thats it my definition.

shoot me down, all you want but its my definition,good bj,loves lao,loves it backdoors,loves it all the time,whatever is your definition,but i gave you mine.

Isn't wasn't a bait Mack. I wanted to see if guys can articulate what they want.

It descended pretty quickly into "barfly dreaming".

I speak Thai, took a language course, found a job, married a bad Thai girl she sold the ring after one week,, divorced after a year I met a nice lady, a school teacher, like me, she has a big home with all the amenities. She does expect me to contribute 10,000 Bhat a month, I do. I figure that I am lucky.

She is as honest as any Thai woman is, she loves the money probably more that me, but then how many foreigners want to live in Sahatsakhan in the middle of no where.

Since I have been here we have 2 dogs, I have no foreign friends here, 3 foreigners live here including me. One I know he works, has family and being French he is not comfortable speaking English.

So I am with someone who takes care of me, bottom line. Sex has nothing to do with it. She is 36 and a white Thai, I am 62 and a darker skinned Canadian. Life is not easy in Thailand, I have been here 3 years now with out a visit to Canada. I go to Laos regularly to get away. Lesson in life never argue about money. None of the Thai girls in the area have foreign boyfriends. I remind my g/f that she is lucky. She says "to the left to the left" "I can have another in a minute" I tell her in Sahatsakhan?

What foreigner is going to want to live here there is nothing to do.

• Like 1

You're not going to get a woman anywhere without money. It's a fact of life. Deal with it. It doesn't mean they're prostitutes if they need money for their families.

Are you saying thai prostitutes are NOT prostitutes because they have families, or do you mean a regular thai woman ?

I'm interested, but what do people define as a "good girl"?

Expect everyone will have different wants. But what are they?

Aye, as many "good girl" as there are men....

We are lucky we don't all want the same one, could be a blood bath.... and the other millions will stay unattended...cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If I thought poverty drove prostitution I'd get a job with an NGO. The truth is the opposite. Wealth drives prostitution.

Then what do you make of all those 1-3 USD brothel for locals only in some less developed countries: much more of those than the "expensive" massage parlor you can find around..

Men drive prostitution. Even poor men "need some"....

its not hard, it just takes time and effort.

When i think of the time and effort i needed to exert back home and the time and effort it took me here in Thailand, I dont know how anyone says its hard to find a "good girl" in Thailand.

Its difficult to find a "good girl" in a red light district

Its difficult to find a good girl at a pub

Its difficult to find a good girl who will let you sleep with her on the first date

Its difficult to find a good girl when your always drunk

Its difficult to find a good girl if you haven't washed your close in a month

Its difficult to find a good girl if you smoke like a chimney

Its difficult to find a good girl if you have no interest in her culture

Its difficult to find a good girl if the girl must be no more than half your age

Do you know a lot of men who don't wash clothes for a month? What country do you live in?

Edited by chiangmaikelly

When i think of the time and effort i needed to exert back home and the time and effort it took me here in Thailand, I dont know how anyone says its hard to find a "good girl" in Thailand.

Its difficult to find a good girl who will let you sleep with her on the first date

Its difficult to find a good girl if the girl must be no more than half your age

Do you know a lot of men who don't wash clothes for a month? What country do you live in?

i have run into my fair share of farangs who seem to have never learned to wash their clothes

i have run into my fair share of farangs who seem to have never learned to wash their clothes

I've only met two in Thailand both married. I don't know what happened to their wives.

I don't even understand why after a lifetime of hard work and perhaps a couple of failed marriages in the West, someone would retire to LOS and look for a wife. I just don't get it. Looking for a gf is much easier and can be walked away from (or run away from in terror, LOL) if she isn't a "good girl."

Even when I was in LOS a couple of times for just 90 days, I had a gf each time and I didn't go hunting for them.

I admit I don't know the culture and am only starting to learn Thai. I am interested in learning good girl vs bad girl, but it's so much less important if I don't get hitched. I "might" get hitched if I came across the right gal by my standards which include a good education, a good job, and other things where I'm not the only one paying all of the bills for her and her family.

I see so many guys taking on the responsibility of children which means they want a good education for the kids. I don't have to go into what that entails beyond seeing guys pay for international school or even moving back to the West with the family to put the kids in school. Then maybe the guy has to start working again. This is retirement?

But bottom line is that I saw so many pretty single women in LOS that I really wouldn't have wanted to be tied down longer than a gf experience. For others, do your thing and no criticism from me. I'll keep my sin sot, my money to build a house in some woman's name, I'll keep my vehicles and only cave in if it's the right gal who I want to be with and who doesn't need my money.

1. Safety. Somebody has to take care of things when you are unconscious getting operated on in the hospital.
  2. Condoms. Get tested and get faithful if you don't like condoms.
  3. Kids? Vasectomy.
  4. Sinsod. Too much written here for me to add anything.
  5. Women like everything else here are going up in price. I know a builder who is raising prices every 90 days.

Maybe prices will come back down. Maybe the Thai birth rate will go up. Maybe the pound and dollar will go back up. smile.png From what I see the smart money has already locked in all the assets that were available.

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

We all know the answers to the question raised.

So, why not share your wisdom.

I think poster "yourauntrob" covers a number of relevant points. The vast majority of male tourists (95%+??) come to Thailand for two or three weeks at a time and only want to meet girls who will have sex immediately. In other words P4P girls.. No time for a relationship. No time for anything other than r**ting and drinking. Why not - it's all there for you to take. Life and time is too short for mucking around getting to know "proper" thai girls. As we all know places like Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket are Disneyland for adult men. A lot of these men have been burnt by Western women. A lot of these men have so many problems or social failures they could never get a Western woman. A lot of these men just don't care anymore and just want to have a good time in their remaining years. And a lot of long timers don't have much money to live in Thailand beyond basic existence.

So what's your point I hear you say. Well these men will never meet a decent Thai lady. Maybe 1 in every 100 will get lucky and meet someone nice. And it's not just the old men that get burnt by the cunning ways of beautiful young Thai girls in these hotspots. I meet plenty of handsome young men from (especially) Europe who have lost everything to their not so loving (or faithful) P4P girl.

But let's be realistic here. Money attracts P4P girls and it attracts the so called "good" girls. You are not going to meet and keep a "good" girl if you're a bum, with nothing to offer by way of financial security, perhaps relocating them to a Western country, have half decent looks and take care of their family a little (or a lot). As I've posted here before - Thai money marries Thai money. Foreigners just won't get a look in to a middle to upper class Thai family.

In my own situation I met my perfect Thai lady. A divorced woman with a child. Not from the direct sex industry but keen to meet a foreigner nevertheless. Not a "good" girl but not a P4P girl either. She doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, dislikes tattoos and is a brillant cook. I offered her financial security, a nice home, I have good job, most of my hair, tidy and presentable appearance and love the Thai food. She was keen to relocate out of Thailand and loves the Australian weather and lifestyle.

Someone once said to me (as an insult) - "the problem with you is you need a woman who's a cook in the kitchen, a lady in public and a whore in the bedroom". Hey - I thought that would be my perfect woman. Most times you need three women to cover this. I found it in one.

After several visa visits here to Oz to make sure we were really compatible I married her and took her son under my care. Perfect. Well not perfect in the end as after 10 years we are getting a divorce. I will love her to the day I die. Just the way things pan out. Heart shattered and my hopes and dreams for the future with her now gone.

As for learning Thai - I got to about 100 words but I had trouble with the tonal nature of the words and ended up saying the wrong thing. Nothing like talking about beautiful diahorrea when you meant beautiful waterfall!!

So "SiameseCurios" I don't have any wisdom - just some observations, thoughts and limited experience over several trips to Thailand and being married to a Thai woman for 10 years.

• Like 2

We all know the answers to the question raised.

So, why not share your wisdom.

I think poster "yourauntrob" covers a number of relevant points. The vast majority of male tourists (95%+??) come to Thailand for two or three weeks at a time and only want to meet girls who will have sex immediately. In other words P4P girls.. No time for a relationship. No time for anything other than r**ting and drinking. Why not - it's all there for you to take. Life and time is too short for mucking around getting to know "proper" thai girls. As we all know places like Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket are Disneyland for adult men. A lot of these men have been burnt by Western women. A lot of these men have so many problems or social failures they could never get a Western woman. A lot of these men just don't care anymore and just want to have a good time in their remaining years. And a lot of long timers don't have much money to live in Thailand beyond basic existence.

So what's your point I hear you say. Well these men will never meet a decent Thai lady. Maybe 1 in every 100 will get lucky and meet someone nice. And it's not just the old men that get burnt by the cunning ways of beautiful young Thai girls in these hotspots. I meet plenty of handsome young men from (especially) Europe who have lost everything to their not so loving (or faithful) P4P girl.

But let's be realistic here. Money attracts P4P girls and it attracts the so called "good" girls. You are not going to meet and keep a "good" girl if you're a bum, with nothing to offer by way of financial security, perhaps relocating them to a Western country, have half decent looks and take care of their family a little (or a lot). As I've posted here before - Thai money marries Thai money. Foreigners just won't get a look in to a middle to upper class Thai family.

In my own situation I met my perfect Thai lady. A divorced woman with a child. Not from the direct sex industry but keen to meet a foreigner nevertheless. Not a "good" girl but not a P4P girl either. She doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, dislikes tattoos and is a brillant cook. I offered her financial security, a nice home, I have good job, most of my hair, tidy and presentable appearance and love the Thai food. She was keen to relocate out of Thailand and loves the Australian weather and lifestyle.

Someone once said to me (as an insult) - "the problem with you is you need a woman who's a cook in the kitchen, a lady in public and a whore in the bedroom". Hey - I thought that would be my perfect woman. Most times you need three women to cover this. I found it in one.

After several visa visits here to Oz to make sure we were really compatible I married her and took her son under my care. Perfect. Well not perfect in the end as after 10 years we are getting a divorce. I will love her to the day I die. Just the way things pan out. Heart shattered and my hopes and dreams for the future with her now gone.

As for learning Thai - I got to about 100 words but I had trouble with the tonal nature of the words and ended up saying the wrong thing. Nothing like talking about beautiful diahorrea when you meant beautiful waterfall!!

So "SiameseCurios" I don't have any wisdom - just some observations, thoughts and limited experience over several trips to Thailand and being married to a Thai woman for 10 years.

I can't agree with it entirely but there's a lot of truth in that well lucid and relevant post. I also found it very sad and, not to condescend, you have my sympathies.

Kudos.

I see so many guys taking on the responsibility of children

Woa Nelly! Now that's a huge quantum leap from what I (and I think most guys here) are talking about.

In fact I think you'll find that's a deal-breaker for most of us, in my case even if she swears she's never going to lay eyes on the kid again, sorry, I know I'm too much of a soft touch that way (3 broods so far) so I'm not taking on any more of that level of burden for anyone at my age.

I don't even understand why after a lifetime of hard work and perhaps a couple of failed marriages in the West, someone would retire to LOS and look for a wife. I just don't get it. Looking for a gf is much easier and can be walked away from (or run away from in terror, LOL) if she isn't a "good girl."

Well for me, I consider as soon as I'm living with a girl I'm de-facto "hitched" and they usually consider the same.

The key difference is that I realize - and make sure she understands - that it might only be for a little while, only as long as things are going OK and I'm getting good value for the time, effort and money I'm putting out.

And in my case I've got very very narrow criteria for candidates to the point that it's probably well under 1 out of 1,000 even within the already restrictive age brackets.

Main purpose being to increase the odds of not having many major headaches, that's all. True it wouldn't be a good use of time if I were only coming for a few weeks, but I'd do the same if it were for any more than a couple of months, back to the OP, it's just not that hard once you've got enough of the language and know the ropes.

So although no kidding myself or her about "'til death do us part" nonsense, I still take "just" moving her into my home as seriously as I would you're more apparently serious definition of "getting hitched".

But kids?? Not going near that scenario again, thanks, no matter how perfect she might be otherwise.

=========================

@johnnycthedog

Nicely posted, very poignant, best of luck to you in the next bit of life's road ahead.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 1

Actually I think it's possible to meet good girls if you use the dating sites and are under a certain age (can't say exactly, but probably 50-55).

I have met 3.5 "good" girls through dating sites, and am in a relationship with one of them (0.5 is because one of them was a factory worker, so maybe that's not considered a good girl).

The language barrier is the biggest problem IMOH, but learning Thai is just exhausting with all those tones and similar words meaning different things.

Wish they would just learn English already, would make our lives much better...

Edited by soomak

Actually I think it's possible to meet good girls if you use the dating sites and are under a certain age (can't say exactly, but probably 50-55).

I have met 3.5 "good" girls through dating sites, and am in a relationship with one of them (0.5 is because one of them was a factory worker, so maybe that's not considered a good girl).

The language barrier is the biggest problem IMOH, but learning Thai is just exhausting with all those tones and similar words meaning different things.

Interesting. So many knock the dating sites. Just for me, I've learned a lot by communicating with Thai gals there, if nothing else. Sure, you can get scammed and sure, it's better to meet someone in person, but also many of the more educated gals and some beautiful ones put up profiles and they are at least worth talking to. I will always like to learn as much as I can, anywhere I can.

Other than getting scammed or finding someone you wouldn't care for in person (or wouldn't care for you) it's interesting if nothing else. The SOLE issue is that they are looking for marriage and maybe kids and I mean like right now. A childless 30 year old pharmacist with a house and a car who's also beautiful and in fairly rural Isaan isn't left with a lot of choices. She'll talk to you on Skype twice a day.

It's all just interesting and educational, that's all.

• Like 1

Interesting. So many knock the dating sites. Just for me, I've learned a lot by communicating with Thai gals there, if nothing else. Sure, you can get scammed and sure, it's better to meet someone in person, but also many of the more educated gals and some beautiful ones put up profiles and they are at least worth talking to. I will always like to learn as much as I can, anywhere I can.

Other than getting scammed or finding someone you wouldn't care for in person (or wouldn't care for you) it's interesting if nothing else. The SOLE issue is that they are looking for marriage and maybe kids and I mean like right now. A childless 30 year old pharmacist with a house and a car who's also beautiful and in fairly rural Isaan isn't left with a lot of choices. She'll talk to you on Skype twice a day.

It's all just interesting and educational, that's all.

I enjoyed reading that.

Your experiences echo my own.

Big point (worth re-iterating) is that many girls on dating sites are desperate.

Many Thais think all farangs are boozy women chasers, here just for cheap sex and spending time with bar girls. They unfortunately stereo type farang in a similar way that some farang stereotype all Thia women.

Are they wrong?

Speak for yourself Jimmie!

Yes - me too. Usually "notice" them on the BTS!

Yes - me too. Usually "notice" them on the BTS!

Do you folks live in Bangkok?

dont speak thai and met a nice girl, been married for a few years and have children now, never had a cross word.

again i dont speak thai, she is well educated and speaks english.

why learn thai, no need, i have no use for it, im an aussie.

Why are you looking down on learning a language, man ? I am saying this, assuming you live in Thailand all or most of the time. Why don't you try to acquire at least an elementary knowledge of Thai (by 'elementary', I don't mean just things like days and numbers of course).

If you are not based in Thailand, then ignore what I wrote above.

Edited by JemJem