Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet A Good Girl Here In Thailand?

SiameseCurios

Let me revise your OP while i am at it:

1. Farang (whether resident here or otherwise) find it very difficult to try to learn another language, in general.

2. Farang think like any other man and will warp the truth and facts on certain occasions in order to make themselves or another more happy. There is actually a psychological term for lying to oneself it' s called experience reevaluation.

3. Farang wouldn't ask themselves why people are single. It happens in life.

4. most foreign men can't answer the question: why is this girl actually interested in me?

5. most foreign men meet girls in venues in which normal Thai girls would never set foot.

6. most foreign men NEVER meet girls in venues in which most foreign men would never set foot.

7. most foreign men can't answer the question: why did you have to come to Thailand to find love / a partner / a GF / a wife?

Stopped with #4 then i got thinking this:

You generalize and you state the obvious. You complain about most foreign men and you complain about Thai Ladies. Where is the point in that? In fact now I feel a duality in your statement. On one side you disapprove of foreign men who are going with 'bad girls' . And at the same time it' s nearly impossible to find a good girl in Thailand.

In short If you really feel like this i deduce you think the world would be a better place when Farang and bad Thai girls would never meet. That makes no sense to me. Paradoxical, surely..

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with helping a girl communicate with her tilac overseas!

Of course not, until you start helping them translate statements which you know to be false.

Even if you get paid by the word or by the hour or take it in trade.

Then you get those guys that actually organize, recruit the cuties who don't already know the ropes and put them on a commission basis.

Still OK in your lights?

Well, I guess any teacher needs to think about the morality of the work he/she is undertaking. I would draw the line at outright extortion, but helping a "poor" bargirl maximise her sponsorship doesn't seem to be that.

Well, I guess any teacher needs to think about the morality of the work he/she is undertaking. I would draw the line at outright extortion, but helping a "poor" bargirl maximise her sponsorship doesn't seem to be that.

Teaching is a different story, no one is responsible for the uses to which passed-on skills are put. However knowing and intentional translation of lying/scamming is not OK in my book, and poverty is no excuse for immorality until you get to the point of having to steal some food to feed yourself, and even then only when you're actually malnutrited.

• Like 1

Ok imo, most (not all) men that come to find a "good thai lady" they need to re-think where they look, try not looking in a bar, not in go go dancers not in ping pong shows, but instead look in places where good ladys are such as banks hopitals, office, shops, etc, and then at least you will have 1/2 a chance.r a good

also falang's like the lady to go traveling with them but a normal lady has to work, they can only make 3-4 days per month, not offten any more or they will have to ask a friend to cover for them.

good luck cassanovawub.png

It looks like I totally misinterpreted by what was meant by a "good Thai girl".

I was thinking more in terms of one that was intelligent, educated, opinionated, independent, successful, worldly, gregarious, with a quick wit, great sense of humor, and open-minded.

Seems it was meant to be more "a dumb cow who won't sleep around, try to control me, or ask me for money".

Should have known better.

Good luck, guys.

If you are proficient in Thai you will find numerous of these girls if you mix with graduates who are in employment. These people are fussy, they will meet you on introduction only, but that's not hard to get if you are reasonably well turned-out yourself.

If you are not proficient in Thai, you can find the best English speakers in Thailand are the ladyboys and bargirls. They are also usually decent people with a fine sense of humour, but they are not free. wink.png

you do thailand a disservice. I encounter thais who speak excellent english on a daily basis.

and bargirl english is generally crap as is the thai of foreigers learned from them.

• Like 2

It only depends on the social circles you move in. I was working in an international hospital for a while and quite a few of them spoke english, but by no means good english and most certainy not excellent. Mind you - one rarely finds excellent english written in here either wink.png

I have to quote a tweet from Mark Webber here - to illustrate the way the spread of languages are misunderstaood globally - even amongst "VIP's" ...

21:04 < AussieGrit> [20:32:14] [16] At a VIP dinner last night an American woman asked me"where are you from?" I said Australia, she said "wow your English is amazing"

w00t.gif

Edited by jpinx

Yeah, there are too many slang words in British English now. I was watching a program the other day and couldn't understand what the heck those young uns were talking about as it seemed like every other word was slang.

Teaching is a different story, no one is responsible for the uses to which passed-on skills are put. However knowing and intentional translation of lying/scamming is not OK in my book, and poverty is no excuse for immorality until you get to the point of having to steal some food to feed yourself, and even then only when you're actually malnutrited.

Excellent post, Johnny. I agree 100%.

By the way, are you a teacher?

Some of the best people I've met here in Thailand were teachers. By "best", I mean:

1. intellectually curious;

2. open-minded;

3. racially and ethnically tolerant.

Let me revise your OP while i am at it:

1. Farang (whether resident here or otherwise) find it very difficult to try to learn another language, in general.

2. Farang think like any other man and will warp the truth and facts on certain occasions in order to make themselves or another more happy. There is actually a psychological term for lying to oneself it' s called experience reevaluation.

3. Farang wouldn't ask themselves why people are single. It happens in life.

4. most foreign men can't answer the question: why is this girl actually interested in me?

5. most foreign men meet girls in venues in which normal Thai girls would never set foot.

6. most foreign men NEVER meet girls in venues in which most foreign men would never set foot.

7. most foreign men can't answer the question: why did you have to come to Thailand to find love / a partner / a GF / a wife?

Stopped with #4 then i got thinking this:

You generalize and you state the obvious. You complain about most foreign men and you complain about Thai Ladies. Where is the point in that? In fact now I feel a duality in your statement. On one side you disapprove of foreign men who are going with 'bad girls' . And at the same time it' s nearly impossible to find a good girl in Thailand.

In short If you really feel like this i deduce you think the world would be a better place when Farang and bad Thai girls would never meet. That makes no sense to me. Paradoxical, surely..

I'm not complaining about anything. And I'm certainly not complaining about Thai ladies.

There is no duality in anything I have said. To me, everything is crystal clear.

There are no paradoxes, either.

Simply put, it is very hard to find a good woman here in Thailand.

Sure, they can be found. But it's not easy.

Stopped with #4 (your comment)

Why did point 4 cause problems or difficulties?

Edited by SiameseCurios

Ok imo, most (not all) men that come to find a "good thai lady" they need to re-think where they look, try not looking in a bar, not in go go dancers not in ping pong shows, but instead look in places where good ladys are such as banks hopitals, office, shops, etc, and then at least you will have 1/2 a chance.r a good

also falang's like the lady to go traveling with them but a normal lady has to work, they can only make 3-4 days per month, not offten any more or they will have to ask a friend to cover for them.

Exactly. Stay away from bars and farang joints.

And hookers.

And girls who drink, smoke and are covered in tats.

And girls with farang exes.

And girls who dress like sluts.

Exactly. Stay away from bars and farang joints. And hookers. And girls who drink, smoke and are covered in tats. And girls with farang exes.

Well that last bit would eliminate most of the wealthy girls I see on the BTS and in Siam Paragon.

Which I do, but not for the same reasons you do. . .

Exactly. Stay away from bars and farang joints. And hookers. And girls who drink, smoke and are covered in tats. And girls with farang exes.

Well that last bit would eliminate most of the wealthy girls I see on the BTS and in Siam Paragon.

Which I do, but not for the same reasons you do. . .

What are your reasons for the elimination BJbkk?

Besides the fact that they would have no interest in me, being poor old fat etc?

At least as high-maintenance as a western gf would be, not speaking just financially, but at this point in my life I prefer a relationship where my time and energy investment in the relationship goes into productively improving the girl's life rather than wasted on emotional dramas.

Another way of putting it is that I'm not willing to offer what the average modern independent self-sufficient woman's looking for in a man, just not interested in that kind of relationship.

Some say I've become an emotional cripple, besides the obvious total sex maniac and control freak, and I'm OK with that.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 2

And hookers.

Two question....

1. Why do you consider it so important that a thai girl does not have a farang ex? Please explain your experiences of how this has affected your perception.

2. How would you define a slut? I find the tone of your comment somewhat high-handed, but that may just be the pre-conceived idea I have of you from your past posting.

Excellent post, Johnny. I agree 100%.

By the way, are you a teacher?

I've already answered this but apparently the post must have contained something else objectionable, so trying again.

Yes, that's one of the things I'm doing that doesn't make ends meet here, very much open to other suggestions as long as they don't compromise my apparently unusual personal moral code.

Besides the fact that they would have no interest in me, being poor old fat etc?

At least as high-maintenance as a western gf would be, not speaking just financially, but at this point in my life I prefer a relationship where my time and energy investment in the relationship goes into productively improving the girl's life rather than wasted on emotional dramas.

Another way of putting it is that I'm not willing to offer what the average modern independent self-sufficient woman's looking for in a man, just not interested in that kind of relationship.

Some say I've become an emotional cripple, besides the obvious total sex maniac and control freak, and I'm OK with that.

Finally, a bit of honesty.

• Like 1

Why finally? I believe I've been open and consistent all along about my beliefs and motivations, don't think I'm stating anything new or different here.

If that isn't the case I'd appreciate some concrete examples where you feel I've been hypocritical. . .

Or if you just meant compared to others, sorry to jump to conclusions and thanks for the compliment 8-)

i was looking for a thai hellen keller, ideal woman i think.

Actually now that was one special lady, very enlightened, would have been completely willing to become her house-slave just for the opportunity to lick the crumbs off her table.

Joko Beck's another. . .

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 1

Why finally? I believe I've been open and consistent all along about my beliefs and motivations, don't think I'm stating anything new or different here.

If that isn't the case I'd appreciate some concrete examples where you feel I've been hypocritical. . .

Or if you just meant compared to others, sorry to jump to conclusions and thanks for the compliment 8-)

i was looking for a thai hellen keller, ideal woman i think.

Actually now that was one special lady, very enlightened, would have been completely willing to become her house-slave just for the opportunity to lick the crumbs off her table.

Joko Beck's another. . .

i want to punch on with her mother

Stopped with #4 (your comment)

Why did point 4 cause problems or difficulties?

At point 4 i realized i couldn' t change your mind. So my efforts would be left in vain. You seam, stubborn yet decent in your reply, though. In respect i will try to change your way of thinking on more time.

Don' t you think it' s a self fulfilling prophecy if you and everyone thinks like you stated in your OP? If everyone thought this the world would be very Chrystal clear. Unfortunately it is not. Because there are to many nuances who certainly cannot be summed up in merely 7 rules.

Thank for your reaction, all the best.

punch on with

Thanks for the new idiom.

What because they were Confederates and therefore racist by today's standards?

She otherwise seems to have been a loving caring mother, helped Helen get to the right sort of help she needed, most families in those days would have just let such a child remain helpless.

punch on with

Thanks for the new idiom.

What because they were Confederates and therefore racist by today's standards?

She otherwise seems to have been a loving caring mother, helped Helen get to the right sort of help she needed, most families in those days would have just let such a child remain helpless.

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't she beat and torture her daughter.

And hookers.

This is no assurance of anything. I've seen plenty of girls that meet these criteria that have turned out to be manipulative, untrustworthy and duplicative.

And this not limited to farang guys. Thai guys have just as many problems with the gals. Maybe why so many Thai songs are about broken hearts.

Hard to find a good girl in the west and hard to find a good girl in TL. Some are good, some are not.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App