Where To Buy Rattan Or Bamboo Furniture?

Milk

A bit way out, but on the R33 which is the main rd running from Rangsit to Aranyprathet there's a little village community selling everything made from bamboo; ladders, brushes, furniture,etc.

Don't recall the name of the roadside village but it's situated somewhere between Nakhon Nayok and Kabinburi.

Just been up to Chiang Mai and eventually found an area where the feeling of the pricing was 'Thai' found both a Wrattan and Bamboo shop in this area, about 20-30 mins Tuk Tuk drive from Chiang Mai City, called 'Thawai Handmade Centre, Zone 4 Kun Kong, Hang Dodng, Chiang mai (sic).

I would get yourself up there.

May I suggest that you look at furniture made from Water Hyacinth material rather than Bamboo or Rattan.

Water Hyacinth is basically a water borne weed and is a major problem in Thailand and other Countries in that it blocks waterways etc. - one of the few uses for the material is in the manufacture of furniture and so on. Rattan and Bamboo are usually wild grown and cutting it simply to make furniture significantly impacts on the environment. Water Hyacinth is also more "Customer friendly" in that it is more fibrous and will not break or split and snag your clients clothes etc. as Bamboo or Rattan will!

Patrick

Nothing spectacular, just a wooden bowl of sorts.

But also i priced many of their timber products and found cheaper in Bkk.

Now there furniture is a differant story, while I do not think the prices are that much different, quality up there seems to be very good. But again, beware of many many problems that are endemic with buying shit in Los.

I know, I bought a bed, it got repossessed :o

Sometime ago, someone published a map of the furniture area of BKK.

I thought I'd saved it but cannot find it now.

Do a search for 'furniture' in all forums.

I'm sure it is still here somewhere.

Good luck. :o

Sorry, I gave up after about six pages of search results. Could you provide any other info, e.g. date (range) posted, poster name, etc.?

Sorry, I gave up after about six pages of search results. Could you provide any other info, e.g. date (range) posted, poster name, etc.?

Sorry, no.

May I suggest that you look at furniture made from Water Hyacinth material rather than Bamboo or Rattan.

Water Hyacinth is basically a water borne weed and is a major problem in Thailand and other Countries in that it blocks waterways etc. - one of the few uses for the material is in the manufacture of furniture and so on. Rattan and Bamboo are usually wild grown and cutting it simply to make furniture significantly impacts on the environment. Water Hyacinth is also more "Customer friendly" in that it is more fibrous and will not break or split and snag your clients clothes etc. as Bamboo or Rattan will!

Patrick

It would help if you told me where I might find such furniture made from water hyacinth???

Patrick

It would help if you told me where I might find such furniture made from water hyacinth???

A translation of " water hyacinth etc." in the Thai language forum might help you too.

Sorry, no.

Is this the one you meant: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...pic=42351&st=15

Thanks again to the guy who PM'd it to me.