Vientiane - Nok Air 6Am Flight, Or Night Before?

I have taken the Nok air 6am flight to Udon in the past and arrived at the Vientiane embassy around 9am/930am, walked right up to the counter and submitted my PP no problem. I will arrive next week on Monday, would any strongly advise against doing that? I am concerned about it being a Monday and thus more people, but I have not been in a long time. I will download a visa on arrival to Laos form before leaving, to have that all ready, and I plan on just booking one way flights with Nok in case I get hung up...any other advice here? Thanks.

Usually no problem, you can take mini van from udon airport.

At the border n at the Thai embassy not to many people at the moment.

Just saw your other topic, in case you have to transfer the stamp from old to new passport you might be too late, in that case it is better if you travel on Sunday.

While the border opens at 6am, the Nong Khai Immigration start working 8am n it is about 2km away from the border.

Edited by visarunner
  • Like 1

Lao Central airline flys VTE direct to Swampy daily for a reasonable $695000 kip ($87) I flew back to BKK and it was pretty good service, I usually don't like trying to get to Udon from the friendship bridge, get dinged fo 800- 1000 baht cab ride, VTE- BKK 700am BKK-VTE around 900am

Hi Green, I am faced with having to go to Vientiane ASAP (before my wife gives birth here in Chiang Mai in about 10 days) to get a 60 day visa. How/when have you finally decided to go to Vientiane? I may go to V. on Monday also. ~~ Ken

If you are legally married to a Thai you can get a 60 day extension at CM immigration! !900 baht.

What is the "visa on arrival"? Is it like the Cambodian e-visa?

Not like e-visa. You need 1 photo and fill out an application at Lao side of the bridge. Cost is 1500 baht or $35 but price can vary by what country you are from.

• 5 months later...

I usually get the nok air 6am flight if going to vietiane, but I might get the airaisa 7am flight this time, that would get me into the embassy at 10am, how are things looking up at there at the moment? Quiet? Many people?