Lovesick Russian Drinks Himself To Death In Phuket

webfact

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad.

Very sad indeed. But par for the course. Too bad he didn't learn about the connection between Thai girls, money and love before he came to Thailand. Thai girl + money = love. Money runs out = Thai girl runs out = no love.

RIP

you hang out with the wrong sort ,keep away from the bars and meet some ordinary Thai women, just like women the world over

hookers- money ,its their job.no one works for free

So wrong, they are both as bad as each other. Its all MONEY, MONEY, MONEY coffee1.gif

Sorry Russian bloke...........

If his blood alcohol level was in the 400-500 range he would have died unconscious from respiratory arrest. This can easily happen from drinking a liter of hard liquor on empty stomach, especially if the person is not a heavy drinker and has little tolerance

Very sad.

Very sad indeed. But par for the course. Too bad he didn't learn about the connection between Thai girls, money and love before he came to Thailand. Thai girl + money = love. Money runs out = Thai girl runs out = no love.

RIP

+1

Very sad.

RIP

Actually, there is an innate link between females, money, and love in all cultures.
  • Like 2

"His right hand was still grasping 3 red roses. In his left hand, he was grasping a bottle of Thai alcohol".

I would have thought that if he had a cardiac arrest he would be grasping his chest/arm/jaw etc, or at the very least dropped the bottle and flowers. Sounds like it could have been staged.

If one is that intoxicated, he will not grab anything anymore because all normal reflexes are not responding anymore........!!!!

Very sad.

RIP

Huh, I didn't know that only happened in Thailand. Isn't that pretty much universal? But racism is par for the course for some...

A friend of mine died a few years ago while cycling to work.When his neighbour found him he was still holding the handlebars of the bike.His hold body just tensed up and even though he'd fallen to the ground,he still had a firm grip of the handlebars.Maybe the poor guy with roses in one hand and bottle of booze in the other ain't so suspicious.

• Like 2

How do they know he was lovesick? Maybe he was a gardener. Or maybe he just happened to have some flowers on him at the time. Or...just maybe (for all of you conspiracy theorists out there) he had just been dumped--or duped--by a katoey. Despondent and depressed, he drank himself into a stupor never to awaken.

• Like 1

"His right hand was still grasping 3 red roses. In his left hand, he was grasping a bottle of Thai alcohol".

I would have thought that if he had a cardiac arrest he would be grasping his chest/arm/jaw etc, or at the very least dropped the bottle and flowers. Sounds like it could have been staged.

I agree it's suspicious. Especialy with the lao khao. Sounds like someone didn't want to spend the money for a bottle of Vodka, which he would likely prefer.

*Also, few heart attack victims die peacefully as you suggest.

My sister inlaw's father died from a heart attack recently, he was found sitting in his favourite chair as if he was sleeping, no obvious sign of distress.

Very sad.

RIP

Huh, I didn't know that only happened in Thailand. Isn't that pretty much universal? But racism is par for the course for some...

As is sexism it would seem judging by your comment branding all women as mercenary the world over !

Very sad.

RIP

As is sexism it would seem judging by your comment branding all women as mercenary the world over !

Sorry, I didn't brand anyone, nor make a sexist comment. You did, as did the person I quoted. And it can be said for all people...

They obviously have no idea why he died. They are just policemen speculating. i.e. that's a good statistical possibility is about all they have. It was prolly a pill he shouldn't have taken with alcohol is more likely still as he was only 27- the thing about the Thai GF is pure fiction or not - they have no idea. The reporting in Thai papers is about one notch below a good high school paper in the US - and that most emphatically goes for the Bangkok Post as well.

Further, they bar girls are prostitutes so of course they have the 'Give me a dollar to make you holler' policy. Normal middle class Thai girls are just like girls anywhere else for the most part (A tad more immature than in western countries ti be fair)

• Like 2

Very sad.

RIP

Actually, there is an innate link between females, money, and love in all cultures.

Agree.

But Thailand might very well be a prize winner....

Very suspicious circumstances. As if he would be holding red roses on the death bed... The girlfriend needs to be interrogated.

The autopsy needs to confirm if there are any other toxins found in the blood or if he was suffocated... RIP

Exactly....agree with this quote 100% about autopsy.....By the Russian Consul only !!!!!

How can anyone say it was a heart attack? The autopsy has yet to be performed, no?

What about alcohol poisoning?

And. when I see the over-dramatic flowers in one hand and whiskey in the other, I am thinking staged as well.

It is only too easy to get a person drunk, turn them over, pull down their boxers and introduce alcohol directly into the colon to inflict the poisoning.

Because the alcohol is passed directly into the colon it has n't the protection of the stomach and liver.

I hope the Medical Examiners in Phuket gives a shit. but i doubt it.

...why does it always seem like every foreign death that is explained sounds like 'a bad script in a movie'....

....no facts......just ....I dunno.....

It makes one think that.....anyone can plan anything at the scene....and then say anything to support the 'findings'.......

(My condolences to the family of the young man....a shame that he should pass .....and under such circumstances....only 27)