Anyone Know Where To Buy Underwater Housing For Cameras In Bangkok?

ThailandNeil

I usually buy my online however I have heard the Diving Shop on Sukhumvit 16 has some Underwater Housings... its half way between Asoke & the Grand Millenium Hotel.. sorry but cant remember the name of it..

Its easy to see though walking along the street, its on the Lower End of the street ie. Thong Lor side of the street.

I like Canon, Id get a Canon. My Olympus 8000 was horrible. 8010 which they replaced with has serious quality issues but at least does not leak. On land its a total turd, I just use it for snorkeling.

If you plan on any depth, you need a 10m camera - snorkeling. 3m cametas are for splashing about on the surface.

I would get a camera, housing will be total hassle unless you are diving. Housings are a real hassle.

Edited by bangkokburning

What do you plan to do with the pictures? That depends greatly on what you will need. If you just want something to take underwater pictures to put on Facebook, or show your friends then a cheap point shoot camera, and a soft plastic bag/case works.

There are underwater, and water proof cases at all levels, for all cameras, and at all costs. You have to decide what you want to do with the pictures. One thing to remember is everything turns blue as you go down, then once you get below about 50 feet all color turns grey/black unless you have lights, or good flash. Water requires expensive lights, and flash to get shots at more than a few feet away.

A good setup for down to about 30 feet without extra flash, or down to 90 feet with lights, is the Sony NEX cameras, then you can get a good hard plastic case good to 100 feet for bt4500 at a little shop at the back of the first floor of Pantip Plaza on the right as you go back. The hard plastic cases are allot of places, but they seem to have the best prices.