Expensive Photoshooting In Bkk On Bangna-Trat

wantan

Today i was at Central Bangna shooping mall in BKK. There was a police officer standing on the pedestrian bridge and taking pictures of all bikes that were riding on the forbidden center lanes of Bangna-Trat. Of every bike he made one picture from the front and one from the back. I guess he was taking approx. 100 pictures per hour with a 1000 Baht fine. So better be aware and stay in the legal lanes? But of course you always do that smile.png

I just wanted to give some information about it. No need for insults because Police is doing their work. Please stay civilized, thank you.

post-129800-0-97299800-1353068922_thumb.

Edited by wantan

So is that the part that has service roads at the side of the main highway?

IIRR the whole part of the Bangna-Trat in Bangkok has service/frontage roads (allowed for motorbikes) and a center road (forbidden for motorbikes). Of course the elevated highway (toll road) is forbidden too.

http://maps.google.c...002733&t=h&z=19

Edited by wantan

1000 Baht? Normally the going rate for this offence is 100 Baht for Thai´s and 500 Baht for foreigners.

I regularily drive in on this part on Bangna-Trat and the left two lanes are normally impossible to use, due to stopped taxi´s, busses and huge container-trucks, so thanks for the information.

Edited by Xonax

iam driving there nearly every day and yes in the center lanes due the frontage road of bang na trat is either stucked or in a horrible condition. no ticket until now but iam not doing this on a scooter.... right lane straight trough he should have a fast trigger...