Paul Ayling

Wanderlust

The previous topic on this matter was closed (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/530204-ambush-brit-fights-for-life-in-hua-hin/) so I couldn't add this there. Unfortunately I have been informed today that Mr Ayling has now died in the UK as a result of the injuries suffered when he was attacked. Whether this now means that the Thai police will be treating this as a murder is unknown but certainly his family believes they should. I hope anyone who comments on this thread is more respectful to the seriousness of this than some of those who made comments on the old thread. I would like to add my sympathies to the Ayling family and any friends of Mr Ayling who may read this.

Further information today from the Ayling family; as Paul died in the UK as a result of the injuries sustained in the attack in Thailand, a murder incident room has been opened by Hertfordshire police. There will also be a coroner's inquest held in the UK and his body cannot be released for a funeral until this reaches a verdict. It is unknown how long this may take, but it is likely that the verdict may have to wait for the UK police's investigations - apparently if death occurs in the UK caused by an incident abroad, the UK police have the power to investigate in the country where the incident occurred. In this case that power is being exercised and contact is being made via the British Embassy to the Thai police, as well as the raising of the matter with the Thai Prime Minister's office. One would assume that the British police will request copies of all investigations made and evidence retrieved so far by the Thai police. The reward on offer from the family for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the culprits still stands and amounts to 200,000 baht.

Further information today from the Ayling family; as Paul died in the UK as a result of the injuries sustained in the attack in Thailand, a murder incident room has been opened by Hertfordshire police. There will also be a coroner's inquest held in the UK and his body cannot be released for a funeral until this reaches a verdict. It is unknown how long this may take, but it is likely that the verdict may have to wait for the UK police's investigations - apparently if death occurs in the UK caused by an incident abroad, the UK police have the power to investigate in the country where the incident occurred. In this case that power is being exercised and contact is being made via the British Embassy to the Thai police, as well as the raising of the matter with the Thai Prime Minister's office. One would assume that the British police will request copies of all investigations made and evidence retrieved so far by the Thai police. The reward on offer from the family for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the culprits still stands and amounts to 200,000 baht.

I am sorry you are mistaken there. UK Police have no power to investigate in Thailand. This is solely a matter for the Royal Thai Police. The RTP can invite British police to come along as advisors if they so choose but Brit police have of course no powers of arrest. The story was on the Drummond site yesterday.

I am sorry you are mistaken there. UK Police have no power to investigate in Thailand. This is solely a matter for the Royal Thai Police. The RTP can invite British police to come along as advisors if they so choose but Brit police have of course no powers of arrest. The story was on the Drummond site yesterday.

As I am only passing on information given to me directly by the Ayling family, I cannot be mistaken. They may be, but given that they are in direct contact with the case and have been told this by the police in the UK maybe there is a chance that they are correct?

As I am only passing on information given to me directly by the Ayling family, I cannot be mistaken. They may be, but given that they are in direct contact with the case and have been told this by the police in the UK maybe there is a chance that they are correct?

If you pass on information that is wrong, you can indeed be considered, mistaken lol. And he is right, UK has no jurisdiction in Thailand, and would not have any ability to investigate, except to request the help of the Thai Police.

Stradavarius37,

I'm sorry but your understanding of English is incorrect. I am passing information on that has been given to me by someone else (in this case Mr Ayling's father). The information could well be wrong, but that doesn't make me mistaken, as I am only the messenger. If you received a letter through the mail delivered by a postman, and the information in that letter you either know or believe is wrong, that doesn't make the postman mistaken. I am just the postman. If the postman delivers the mail to the wrong person, then he is mistaken. The information I have passed on was intended for anyone (and the family want as many people to know about this as possible) so therefore, again, I am not mistaken. What i would be interested to find out is how the experts on here both know and can prove that they are right on the issue - believing something does not necessarily make it so, and the Aylings were told by the UK police, much to their and my surprise, that the UK police do have jurisdiction to investigate in Thailand as the death occurred in the UK. If any of you who say that this is mistaken have evidence to back up their claim that this is mistaken, please present it. If not, shut up.

Stradavarius37,

I'm sorry but your understanding of English is incorrect. I am passing information on that has been given to me by someone else (in this case Mr Ayling's father). The information could well be wrong, but that doesn't make me mistaken, as I am only the messenger. If you received a letter through the mail delivered by a postman, and the information in that letter you either know or believe is wrong, that doesn't make the postman mistaken. I am just the postman. If the postman delivers the mail to the wrong person, then he is mistaken. The information I have passed on was intended for anyone (and the family want as many people to know about this as possible) so therefore, again, I am not mistaken. What i would be interested to find out is how the experts on here both know and can prove that they are right on the issue - believing something does not necessarily make it so, and the Aylings were told by the UK police, much to their and my surprise, that the UK police do have jurisdiction to investigate in Thailand as the death occurred in the UK. If any of you who say that this is mistaken have evidence to back up their claim that this is mistaken, please present it. If not, shut up.

Your charm is showing my friend.